Expired warranty?

jack1943

My 2017 unlimited wrangler just turned 2years and 1 month old the other day and the same day i received a letter from the manufacturer telling me that my 'warranty' had ended.
Then they proceeded to tell me to hurry to my dealer ship to buy an extended warranty.
Am still scratching my head wondering if they can legally void an original warranty (no claims to date or other issues) and force me to purchase an extended warranty when I am supposed to have almost a year left on original warranty?, The jeep only has 19,000 miles on it so will really be pissed if this is nothing more than marketing ploy to sell extended warranties.

The return address on the lettr is:
Mopar Vehicle Protection
PO Box 2700
Troy, Michigan 48007
1-800-336-2895

I haven't responded to the letter 'yet' as with my personality I am one that has to take a lot of deep breaths and calm down before I do or say anything. And right now i'm still so pissed I can hardly see straight..........sorry

Something still doesn't feel right in my mind. I've never heard of a 24 month warranty.

I found this online (https://www.jeep.com/crossbrand/warranty/pdf/99GenericCoverage.pdf) , the only warranty that lasts two years is the Federal Emissions stuff.

Maybe some others can weigh in, but this seems fishy to me. @Chris I know we didn't buy our jeeps new (shoot, I don't even know if you have a Jk or went strictly back to TJ's at this point), but I feel like you would know.

Bottom line, I would be very hesitant about giving out any information if i were in your shoes.

I agree, that sounds fishy to me.

What's the warranty on a JK? Is it 3 years 36k miles? If so, then the warranty may indeed be expired.

I'm personally not a fan of extended warranties, but I'm a gambling man, and I think when it comes to this sort of issue, the odds are in my favor.

These are scams and becoming increasingly common! They buy a list of cars with owner information from the DMV/RMV and just go down the line. People who dont even have cars get these as well. If you have ANY doubt or still question it, contact the dealer you purchased it from or your local Jeep dealer and ask. Do not, I repeat, do NOT contact the info that was sent to you unless you verify its authenticity. And no, they can't shorten your warranty, and even if they somehow could, you would have been given ample warning, NOT a random unexpected letter AFTER the fact, or close to your end date.

Reactions: Chris
These are scams and becoming increasingly common! They buy a list of cars with owner information from the DMV/RMV and just go down the line. People who dont even have cars get these as well. If you have ANY doubt or still question it, contact the dealer you purchased it from or your local Jeep dealer and ask. Do not, I repeat, do NOT contact the info that was sent to you unless you verify its authenticity. And no, they can't shorten your warranty, and even if they somehow could, you would have been given ample warning, NOT a random unexpected letter AFTER the fact, or close to your end date.

Totally agree with this.

And you REALLY have to watch out, because some of them are such good scams that the letters look official. It's pretty scary how realistic some of them look. Don't call anyone, and DO NOT give anyone your credit card info unless you can 100% verify it.