Exhuast Muffler Removal

Bramage

I have been having trouble with getting the muffler off my exhaust pipe. I'm guessing due to the long time of driving the muffler is stuck to the exhaust pipe no matter how much wd40 and force I give it wont budge. is there anything else i can do or will i need to start cutting.

You should be able to remove it with a torch and get it cherry red hot then wiggle it back and forth. Or if you have a cutting disc on a grinder just cut deep enough to cut through the muffler pipe then wiggle it back and forth.

Reactions: Lxxtsy and Bramage
I have been having trouble with getting the muffler of my exhaust. I'm guessing due to the long time of driving the muffler is stuck to the exhaust pipe no matter how much wd40 and force I give it wont budge. is there anything else i can do or will i need to start cutting.

Get a nice deadblow hammer and beat the area where they connect. Grabbing it on the end farthest from the pipe going into the muffler twist it up and down.

That's how I finally got mine to pop off and it was the OEM one put on in 2007....