Evap question and update

BigAL07

JK Enthusiast
2007 wrangler rubicon. Engine seems to have a quick drop in rpm when idling. While trying to find the cause I have noticed that if I unplug the purge valve it does not happen at all. Lately it has been jumping when I start engine after work and almost dies before it corrects its self. Any thoughts? Bad valve? Clogged canister? Any help fixing this will get u a six pack. Thanx in advance.

Will it run ok with the purge valve unhooked? If so then just leave it unplugged if you can handle the CEL light being on. I have my EGR disconnected and runs the same only thing the CEL light is on.

Reactions: BigAL07
Quick update on recent evap post. Engine was dropping rpm during idle. Driving me nutz trying to find issue. Unplugged purge valve and rpm drop was gone. Had another purge valve in my parts stash, installed it and same problem. Remembered around a month ago I had replaced the purge valve and esim while chasing a small evap leak which cleared up after I installed a new mopar gas cap. I checked the new esim I had install and found it stuck! Put old one back on and all issues have cleared up. Don’t know why I never got a cel over it. All is well again! Thanx BLACKJKU for your help AGAIN