ESC light and check engine light come on 2012 Sahara Unlimited

Hairgirl55

This keeps happening to my 2012 Sahara Unlimited. Dealer said galley bolt lose. $1700 later its still is happening. Both Camshaft sensors replaced. Any ideas?

6D6BA2A6-801B-4A03-9506-C72ADD747EA6.jpeg

It's not a big deal that just means that if the Jeep would start loosing traction in the rear and fishtails the braking system starts doing it's thing and is supposed to correct and make you straighten out.

Some people will disable it like mine is, I prefer having control over my vehicles and not a computer.

Reactions: SeaPig
Have Autozone pull codes unless you have the scan tech to do it. Autozone will try to sell you parts, just tell them not yet. ;) Put the codes up here.

ESC has no interrelation with cam sensors or a galley bolt.

It's not a big deal that just means that if the Jeep would start loosing traction in the rear and fishtails the braking system starts doing it's thing and is supposed to correct and make you straighten out.

Some people will disable it like mine is, I prefer having control over my vehicles and not a computer.

Oh, we can disable that? Ive got an intermittent speed sensor on my front driver wheel. If I can disable it Id be gold. Let me guess- it's a module? Wish my AEV would do away w that BS.

Reactions: BigAL07
Oh, we can disable that? Ive got an intermittent speed sensor on my front driver wheel. If I can disable it Id be gold. Let me guess- it's a module? Wish my AEV would do away w that BS.

Reactions: Threepointsix
@Hairgirl55 I would really really encourage you to pick up an inexpensive obd scan tool and an app like https://jscan.net/ or https://www.alfaobd.com/ if for no other reason than to do some initial research before you take it in to a mechanic. They can save you a LOT of money and time if you take a little time learning howto use them.

The two indicator lights really don't have anything to do with each other, failure wise. If you feel like buying a $32 tool & a $24 app (and do a little reading), you might be able to get enough info to either fix it or help you get it fixed rather than have a dealer just throw parts at it.