ESC, ABS, & Traction Lights Won't Turn Off

Barnyard2010

I have replaced all 4 wheel sensors & clock spring. The lights will not go off. Turned steering wheel completely left and right. Lights just won't go off. HELP!

Did you use OEM sensors? JK’s are very picky about that. Did you check for any codes? Also does the jeep pull in either direction and is the steering wheel straight, if not that can also cause the lights to come on.

Did you use OEM sensors? JK’s are very picky about that. Did you check for any codes? Also does the jeep pull in either direction and is the steering wheel straight, if not that can also cause the lights to come on.
Yes I used an OEM from Ebay because dealer OEM cost $500! Didn't ck codes. Jeep doesn't pull and steering wheel is straight. Scratching my head...

I’d recommend trying to check for codes if you have a reader. If not I use Jscan along with a BT OBDII adapter. Even if there are not any codes you can pull up the live date for each wheel and watch and see what it shows. If one of them (or more) drops to 0 MPH or is not consistent with the speed it will help narrow down the problem. You could have a loose connection, broken / pinched wire etc.

Yes I used an OEM from Ebay because dealer OEM cost $500! Didn't ck codes. Jeep doesn't pull and steering wheel is straight. Scratching my head...
Hey, I got a BlueDriver Jscan. It says everything is good, but it's sayd it's not reading or getting the clock spring. As I mentioned before I just replaced it with an OEM. Any suggestions where to get another besides the deal for $500?
Prior to replacing the cloc spring the horn didn't work and the red airbag light stayed on. Now the horn works and the airbag light went off. SMH!!

Screenshot_20220828-164500_BlueDriver.jpg

Last edited:
You didn't answer a question in a earlier Post but is your steering wheel centered when going straight?

If your steering wheel isn't centered while driving straight it will make those lights come on. Is your Jeep stock or lifted?

Stock axcept I did put 18" wheels instead of 16" it calls for. What bothers me is my Jscan says it's not reading my clock spring and it's new.

Screenshot_20220828-164500_BlueDriver.jpg

Did you clean the connection for the airbag? Did you unhook your battery to reset everything?

JFYI,
Turning your wheels left and right does not calibrate your clock spring. Had to take to jeep to dealer to get it fixed!

I got my Mopar rear speed sensors from Rock Auto for $40. I don't trust Ebay for sensitive electronic parts.

Reactions: Danarch