Error codes and warning lights after installing Rough Country LED headlights

Al's Sahara

I recently installed rough country LED headlights on my 2010 Sahara & after installing, my radio has gone haywire when you turn on the headlights, ALSO now It's been throwing the ABS & ESP/BAS.
Is anyone else have this problem or are the new LEDs junk ?
Part # RCH5000

There should have been a canbus either integrated or as an additional piece that sits between the headlight and factory wiring.

LEDs operate differently than typical incandescent. They basically emit a signal that can cause interference. A canbus mitigates the interference. Higher end LEDs either don't emit this garbage signal or have mitigation circuits built in, I'm not quite sure, but on my work vehicle I had really nice LED flashers and when I wanted a second set for the front I took a cheaper route and I could hear them flash in the radio.

As far as the ABS etc stuff... um. Perhaps the same thing? Those are just plug and play right? How did you wire them?

Reactions: Chris
When you remove them, I assume the issue goes away?

Chris makes a good point. It is entirely possible that in playing with your electrical you blew a fuse, or something else happened unrelated at the exact same time.... unlikely... but I've had it happen. Plus JK wiring is bizarre.

A cheap bluetooth code reader from amazon is a great thing to have for a jeep owner. I just keep one in the jeep and when it beeps at me I plug my C-3po knockoff in and find out what is wrong. Saves hours in guesswork, and money in having others do it for you. I think I paid $20 a couple years ago.

Reactions: Chris
I installed LED headlights about 18 months ago and new LED fogs just a few weeks back- neither has caused me any problems. But I did a lot of reading ahead of time to ensure I didn't need to order a separate relay or any other wiring mod that would eliminate this possibility.
I have read the RCH-5000 may require an anti-flicker module (got this off JustJeeps.com):

1594303990337.png

I'm sure someone here knows more about this than I, but just throwing it out there.