Engine starts then stalls when I remove my foot from the gas

Lakelife

My first post so please be kind. I have a 2004 Wrangler X 77,000 miles. I had neck surgery and not driven for 8 weeks, I did pull it out of the garage three times and let the engine run. Today was the day I was going to take a short drive. The engine starts but as soon as I take my foot off the gas it stalls. I tried multiple times even gunning the engine. I need to get it out of the garage before I can get it towed. I can't lift the hood because of my recent surgery, It was running fine before. Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be? If I could just get it to start and run my mechanic is only 3 miles away. I can find someone to lift the hood for me. I realize today that it's time to let her go, I just can't use it enough.

But just a suggestion is if it's damp where the Jeep was sitting and it didn't have a full tank of fuel it could have moisture in it. Try putting a bottle of Heet in the fuel tank.

Reactions: tJKrider
But just a suggestion is if it's damp where the Jeep was sitting and it didn't have a full tank of fuel it could have moisture in it. Try putting a bottle of Heet in the fuel tank.
Thanks so much. Yes it is a damp metal garage. Thank you for the link.
It's has about 1/2 tank of gas.

Reactions: BLACKJKU