Engine locking down on 2002 Grand Cherokee 4.0

20211018_101300.jpg

Is the throttle opening when it does it? It looks as though the Throttle body is a cable operated and not drive by wire, is that correct?

Is the throttle opening when it does it? It looks as though the Throttle body is a cable operated and not drive by wire, is that correct?
Yes it's cables but it does it when there not connected and the butterfly does not open when I crank it. It just goes wide open

Yes it's cables but it does it when there not connected and the butterfly does not open when I crank it. It just goes wide open
It must be electrical then and somethings telling the ECM to give the injectors fuel. Do you have any wires pinched anywhere?

It must be electrical then and somethings telling the ECM to give the injectors fuel. Do you have any wires pinched anywhere?
No pinch that I can find yet but I do have a wire with an eyelet that's in the cluster of wires whit the cam sensor. Does it connect to the side of the head?

163456839262681183576647464241.jpg

It could be a ground for something possibly, i'm not familiar with your engine so i'm just guessing.

You can reset by disconnecting the battery like this, not sure about a scanner. Maybe the scanner can show a CEL since it's doing that.

Reactions: BLACKJKU