Electrical Nightmare

PMR

Hi all! My name is Pat, and I have a 2018 Jk Sport. My electrical nightmare started when I randomly lost my drivers side running lights one night. It ended up being the (m20?) Fuse in the fuse box. I replaced that and was able to get my lights back. I thought my problem was fixed, however, that was merely the tip of the iceberg.

I ended up losing ALL of my interior lights, and accent lights (floor lighting, cup holder lights and dome lights) the dome lights do not come on when you open the door or if you press the buttons. I also happened to notice that my descent control, and traction control buttons no longer work.

I've been working on this thing off and on for a month now. I even tore the dash apart looking for broken or frayed wires. The connection at the back of the switch panel is fine, and the hazards work fine. What are the odds that the switch panel itself are bad? Thank you for any advice. I'd rather not bring it to the dealer at this point as the jeep is now out of warranty (I bought it new in 2018)

20201130_111544.jpg

Please check and recheck your battery connections and all of your ground connections. I see you're in Minnesota, where road conditions can easily take a huge toll on a Jeep. Would not be difficult to muck up the under hood electrical grounds in that part of the country. The reason I say "ground connections" is because you have multiple issues involving multiple circuits, not necessarily related.

Reactions: mrjp
Thanks! I'll check the grounds. You're exactly correct, between the awful roads and the salt vehicles pretty much just rust away. I live down a dirt road so I'm sure that's not helping things either.

Yes that's what I always say whenever you start having electrical problems, clean and tighten. Battery clamps, cables and any other grounds.

Reactions: mrjp and Chris
Make dure the grounds for the TIPM are good. Hope the module isn’t failing. Also check for corrosion under the boots and where the cable ends are crimped.

Yes that's what I always say whenever you start having electrical problems, clean and tighten. Battery clamps, cables and any other grounds.
A bad ground can cause some really weird things to happen with all those relays in the fuse box, the little rascals get all confused and makes for big problems when a circuit starts sourcing a ground else where in the system. Check all the grounds forclean and tight.
Hope that helps. I have also observed that jeep likes to use separate fuses for left headlights and tail lights.

Reactions: mrjp