Electrical issues starter not turning over

Did you try swapping J17 with another the same? Check M19, M21, M27 with the key on on both sides of the top of each fuse with a tester or test light. Sometimes you can look at a fuse and they look good, but check with a tester and it's bad.

Yup checked M19, M21, M27, with a multimeter they are all good. J17 checked out fine with a multimeter continuity check. I did try grounding the loose wire and somehow I suspect that is what caused the issue in the first place.

But it wouldn't hurt to do the reset like he showed just in case.

Last edited:
The only other thing I can think of is the clutch safety switch, there is a fix to bypass that if your interested?

That is about the only thing I have not done yet. Although I assume when I jumped the starter it would have started regardless but it is worth a try.

Have someone turn the key to start and you check the volts at the fuse box where the big cable is from the battery. Check volts before and when the key is in start position.

If you had the neg probe on the neg battery post try putting the neg probe on the alternator case and do the same test.

The block should show the same as the alternator case. I just figured you used the neg battery post.

That's why I also had you do that, shows if you have bad cables or clamps. I hate to say this but i'm about out of ideas unless your TIPM is bad. Did you say you can here the starter relay clicking when you try to start the jeep? Did you try swapping the relay with another one that was the same?

Yea I hear it I still tried swapping same results. I think this all started with that loose connection I thought was a ground.