Electrical Drawing for Fuse M33 (Wrangler JK 2007)

WranglerJKNoob.

Hi Everyone,

Hopefully, someone can help me.

My girlfriend was driving my jeep along the freeway when she started to experience a death wobble so she pulled over to the side of the freeway to stop the vehicle but when she went to restart the jeep, the jeep wouldn't start. We had the jeep towed home and when I looked at what the problem was, I found that the Fuse M33 (NGC-GPEC) had blown. I replaced the fuse and the jeep turned over a couple of times and when it finally started, the fuse blew again. I replaced the fuse a second time, the exact same thing happened.

My theory is when my girlfriend experienced the death wobble, a wire has moved and the insulation has melted and caused a short but unfortunately, I need some help understanding what wires are connected to fuse M33 (Next Generation Controller and Global Powertrain Engine Controller.).

Can someone please assist me in providing an electrical diagram that shows the wiring for fuse M33?

Thanks in advance.

So from what I understand from the drawings you have provided, it looks like they call M33 in my Jeep, M22 in the drawings. (In my Jeep, M22 is for the right-hand side horn.)

So if I'm correct, M33 only feeds the Powertrain module and there could be a short in the Powertrain module or one of the devices hanging off it.

So my next step is to find out what hangs off the Powertrain module and follow the wiring to see if I can find any obvious issues.

Do you have any information on the Powertrain module and what devices it controls?

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 12.17.28 pm.png

Hi again, I can confirm that the fuse to the Powertrain Module only blows once the Jeep is running. I remove the spark plug leads to prevent the jeep from running and tried to start the car several times and the fuse didn't blow. Only once the Jeep was running did the fuse blow.

Does anyone have any information on what has activated from the Powertrain Module once a jeep is running?

Hi again, I can confirm that the fuse to the Powertrain Module only blows once the Jeep is running. I remove the spark plug leads to prevent the jeep from running and tried to start the car several times and the fuse didn't blow. Only once the Jeep was running did the fuse blow.

Does anyone have any information on what has activated from the Powertrain Module once a jeep is running?

Have you pulled any codes out of it

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU