DV8 slant back hardtop woes

jarviss88

Because of covid, none were in stock... so they're basically made to order, from China i guess.. Anyway ordered late October and last week it finally arrived but the back window was busted out during delivery. I rejected the delivery and called the company i ordered from. The operator just said they'd handle it, didn't take additional information, nor give me any information on the refund process. Next day, called again, 45 minute hold due to so many calls... that operator was a little huffy and short, before we could talk he just transferred me to a different number that went right to voice mail, so I left my information and asked for a call back. Nothing... later that week called again and this operator was nice and informative and said that he'd find out what's up and get back to me Monday. It's already Friday and nothing. I've emailed them with no reply and even used the "contact us" form on their website.
It was pretty expensive and I'll feel better when that refund is in my account.

I like the look of that roof and will probably order the same thing from a different supplier once I get that refund.

Wish me luck!!!

• Sad
Reactions: mrjp
Yeah they probably do. I just think that we are all grown kiddo's and understand that sometimes we're the windshield and then the bug. Sorry to hear the product was busted. That's a pretty well know company too. Hopefully they will make it right soon.

Reactions: mrjp and jarviss88
Yeah they probably do. I just think that we are all grown kiddo's and understand that sometimes we're the windshield and then the bug. Sorry to hear the product was busted. That's a pretty well know company too. Hopefully they will make it right soon.
I give them the benefit of the doubt, especially with the Corona crap. Everything's wonky these days.
Thanks..I just want a roof... it's gonna be winter and I'd rather drive by jeep than her accord. Lol

Reactions: mrjp
I wasn't sure if it was allowed to make that public in here, I know some other forums frown on that...4wheelparts.

We like to know when there is a problem on a product that's bought and damaged or wrong thing. Who it was bought from and the problems that you were having getting it resolved. Most of us like to stay away from places like that.

It's times like this where I am always glad I use my Visa credit card. I'd file a chargeback in your case, as it sounds like you're going to have a hard time getting it resolved. With a chargeback it will get their attention very quickly!