Drag link

AnthonyG

So I heard some clunking sound coming from my front end and knew it was something with my steering. I checked my tie rod ends and eveything was fine. But I noticed my drag bar was able to wiggle up and down. No play horizontaly but i was able to move it by hand up and down. The joints on the ends of the drag bar still seem pretty decent. Long story short i got it back from the mechanic and it stopped making the clunking sound but it still has verical play. So is it supposed to have vertical play?

If you are easilly rolling it in a circular motion that means there is some wear on the joints. It should roll in a circular motion with some resistance. If the bar is moving vertically without rolling or if you can easily roll it with almost no effort that is either a problem or about to become a problem.

Indeed so, You just can't imagine how interesting it will get when the thing comes apart while on the interstate. In fact you may just have to put your head between your knees and kiss you ass goodbye. Get it replaced ASAP. We want you and your Jeep to always be around.