Door Leak

nbouieJK

Hello I am new to Jk forum. On my Jeep Wrangler the driver and passenger side doors drips water when it's raining. Need solutions of what the cause may be.

Hello I am new to Jk forum. On my Jeep Wrangler the driver and passenger side doors drips water when it's raining. Need solutions of what the cause may be.

When you have the doors shut are they flush with the side of the Jeep?

Hardtop or soft, the location is almost always the same, and it's not the door. At least, in my case it wasn't. The weatherstrip around the top of the body below the top has a gap where I found water to drip just inside the door edge, so that it puddles on the floorboard just inside the door.

20240410_102640.jpg

Yes, here is the photo I have of it and the markings of where its coming from. It also has something that's missing at the end.

View attachment 126982
The weather stripping at the corner of the door is crushed. Replacing it would be a good first step. I've suspected that Jeep builds this way to add a little feel of roughing it even in the city. The hard top gutter ends right about where your weather stripping is crushed and drips when you open the door, which just plain poor design since it could run forward a little more and eliminate the drip. Of course a lot car makers don't even bother with a gutter any more..