Doing the unthinkable

Selling the TJ and going to JK? Reminds me of the movie Tropic Thunder. YOU NEVER GO FULL RETARD! Everyone must learn regret at some point I suppose. So when is your coming out party? All ribbing aside, expand your search out of the rust belt. If the rig has been a few years in salt, the cancer has already started. Also, ignore the little ole lady from Pasadena stories and focus on what you can see and test.

Reactions: tsetsefly1
I lied. This might be the last one. 😂

BBBE8038-D765-4539-845D-3BFE8670243C.jpeg
32DB294F-AF7A-4E0B-8786-557C08D9F355.jpeg
38891966-1ED4-4E52-A221-92BE064592DE.jpeg
9EC8212C-6C10-48B3-A4EB-B87E5A8C07F2.jpeg
8054D34C-1AE3-40DA-BBE3-F9C0C590D571.jpeg

I lied. This might be the last one. 😂

View attachment 116422View attachment 116423View attachment 116424View attachment 116425View attachment 116426

I think the price is reasonable, condition looks better than average for 94k miles. Get a mechanic to check compressions, etc?

Deal with the rust issues, especially where the skid plates and cross members are welded and/or bolted to the frame.

I always bring this up, and I always feel “braggy”, but I feel like it needs to be said.

I paid 32k for my 2017 JK Rubicon Recon with 18,000 miles on it. Not a spec of rust. It hadn’t even been off road. Has 35s and aftermarket rims, Mopar highlife fenders, mopar tailgate reinforcement, and a few other upgrades. I think I did the math and there was about 6-7k worth of aftermarket on it.
There are deals out there. Just be patient.
I personally would not settle for anything less than a Rubicon especially around the 30k range.

I always bring this up, and I always feel “braggy”, but I feel like it needs to be said.

I paid 32k for my 2017 JK Rubicon Recon with 18,000 miles on it. Not a spec of rust. It hadn’t even been off road. Has 35s and aftermarket rims, Mopar highlife fenders, mopar tailgate reinforcement, and a few other upgrades. I think I did the math and there was about 6-7k worth of aftermarket on it.
I personally would not settle for anything less than a Rubicon especially around the 30k range.
There are a lot of factors beyond the model, year and mileage when it comes to vehicles that hold their value and are popular- both of which apply to the Jeep brand. Available inventory and market size being two of the more contributing factors.
Everyone has a story about what a deal they got at one time or another. Hell, I paid $34k for mine when it was less than 2 years old and had 30K miles on it; also with 35's, wheels and some aftermarket goodies. And I had to drive an hour to the nearest "big city" after finding it online. If I sold it today at 6 years old and 88k miles, I'd still get $30k for it because of not only the condition of the vehicle but also where I am. Sure, he could drive 100 miles to the Twin Cities or a couple hundred miles to Des Moines, but I'm guessing there's not a lot of inventory in Albert Lea, Minnesota.

There are a lot of factors beyond the model, year and mileage when it comes to vehicles that hold their value and are popular- both of which apply to the Jeep brand. Available inventory and market size being two of the more contributing factors.
Everyone has a story about what a deal they got at one time or another. Hell, I paid $34k for mine when it was less than 2 years old and had 30K miles on it; also with 35's, wheels and some aftermarket goodies. And I had to drive an hour to the nearest "big city" after finding it online. If I sold it today at 6 years old and 88k miles, I'd still get $30k for it because of not only the condition of the vehicle but also where I am. Sure, he could drive 100 miles to the Twin Cities or a couple hundred miles to Des Moines, but I'm guessing there's not a lot of inventory in Albert Lea, Minnesota.
Yeah - I'm looking all over. Going to check one out tomorrow in Minneapolis. Any quality Jeep sells at lightening speed here. And I mean very quick. I've had now 3 sell before I could get there to look at them. No one is selling a Jeep at a discount. And even if it was, before it hits the online areas that I keep an eye on it's scooped up.

I also have a 2017 Rubicon recon And want to upgrade to 35s. I just have a few questions I hope you're willing to help me with:
-lift?
-what rims?
-backspace/offset?
I've been having an extremely hard time finding information about what will fit without a lift and what backspace or offset on new wheels I need to push 35s. Feel free to reply to napcop@gmail.com

I also have a 2017 Rubicon recon And want to upgrade to 35s. I just have a few questions I hope you're willing to help me with:
-lift?
-what rims?
-backspace/offset?
I've been having an extremely hard time finding information about what will fit without a lift and what backspace or offset on new wheels I need to push 35s. Feel free to reply to napcop@gmail.com
Of course.
So really, running 35s on stock suspension isn’t very common.
I am able to achieve this through my Mopar Highline fenders. This is a hard way to go about because they are hard to get for a 2 door and if you have a 4 door you cannot go this way as the 4 door Highlines are discontinued. You still have options though. You will have to get a aftermarket fender. I suggest MetalCloak. Both the fenders they offer for the JK support 35 inch tires on stock suspension. They can be found here MetalCloak Fenders. I prefer the overland fenders.
If you want to lift it, I would go AEV or MetalCloak.
I have the Rugged Ridge Jesse Spade Wheels. I like the look of them, but if you rock crawl at all they will get torn to pieces like mine.
I have a 4.5 inch backspacing
If you have any other questions, just let me know. I’ll try to help you out.

Awesome. I have Smittybilt XRC fender flares...so just confirming you have no lift, and no clearance issues with stock fenders replaced? This a pvmt pounder so no wheeling concerns. Every tire shop gives me the "wont fit". Also a pic of ur rig would be great.

Awesome. I have Smittybilt XRC fender flares...so just confirming you have no lift, and no clearance issues with stock fenders replaced? This a pvmt pounder so no wheeling concerns. Every tire shop gives me the "wont fit". Also a pic of ur rig would be great.

That is correct, but I would ask Smittybilt to confirm that their fenders support a 35 with no lift. They have to rise a ceratin amount for correct up and down travel.

I will be lifting my jeep eventually and probably going to 37's.

IMG_2669.jpg

31B73F25-3D2B-469F-80C5-B609FA8DFF21.jpeg

A09A7B1F-B10C-4BB3-A497-22230E3B36C8.jpeg

BCD2DF3E-5387-4A57-A232-03E522BEC5FD.jpeg

It's very nice and the siphon hose works good. I am going to install a rearview mirror camera this week because the fuel caddy and tire cover 95% of the rear view

Reactions: JeepLuvr1954