Does anyone use AppCar DiagFCA?

JerryD

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Supporting Member
Does anyone use this? I used up my licenses for jScan and since jScan isn't supporting KL's, I purchased licenses for AppCar DiagFCA. Very similar to jScan. However, when I went to adjust the speedo on my daughters new to her '12 JKU, it gave a strange message. I've sent the following to their support email, but thought I'd through it out here, too.

When selecting the Tire Size, the description states:

CAUTION! This function in case of programming failure may in
extreme case disable the vehicle in case of outdated software
version in the NAG1 gear controller. To be sure, before using contact us
at kontackt@appcar.pl
The usage of this routine is at your own risk!

Here is a screenshot:
image1.png

The vehicle is a 2012 Jeep Wrangler with the NAG1/W5A580 automatic transmission. How do I check if the NAG1 gear controller software is outdated?

Secondly, when I continued past this screen to see what the next prompt would be, this is the screenshot I took:
image2.png

This screen states the units are in inches, however, the value is 97.84. Clearly, this is incorrect. Is it actually in millimeters?

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks,
Jerry

Edit: Ignore the 2nd question. I missed the "circumference" part. Duh.

Last edited:
I haven't used this, but why not just buy a license for J-Scan for your JK? I'm a bit confused about that part.

Because I had already purchased the AppCar program. I bought AppCar because I could also use it on my wife's KL. When I contacted the JScan developer, they said they had no plans to expand to that platform.

Plus, I was curious about the differences.

Was gonna say, the circumference sounds about right.
C= pi x d (3.14 x diameter)

(Frigging amazing I still remember all that early years math stuff at 64, eh?)

Reactions: mrjp