Does anyone have an opinion good or bad, on the DS 18 SBAR sound bar system?

2013JKU

Does anyone have an opinion good or bad, on the DS 18 SBAR? Is it that much of a difference over the typical kicker plug n play replacement speakers for the soundbar and dash?

Thanks,
Brett

Opinion number one. Better quality speakers are a more important upgrade than the radio. Better sound quality means hearing details better so you can actually turn the volume down and hear just as well or better than blasting out sound.
Opinion number two. Be considerate, there are people who do not want to hear your music.
And: Remember it is a Jeep you are installing all that money into, because it will get dusty and quite possibly wet both of which deteriorate sound quality.

Reactions: BigAL07
So I went with the kicker upgrades for all speakers, added the neo-pod subwoofer under the front passenger seat, the jku pods in the back, and a 10" down firing sub in the back. I must say I'm no audiofile, but I think it sounds damn good! Also I like that it is really loud in the jeep but outside of it you can't really hear it, even if its cranked. I too agree that others don't want to hear your music blaring. BTW, its through a JVC head unit.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
So I went with the kicker upgrades for all speakers, added the neo-pod subwoofer under the front passenger seat, the jku pods in the back, and a 10" down firing sub in the back. I must say I'm no audiofile, but I think it sounds damn good! Also I like that it is really loud in the jeep but outside of it you can't really hear it, even if its cranked. I too agree that others don't want to hear your music blaring. BTW, its through a JVC head unit.
Did you upgrade to all four 77kick10 speaker or did you do thebrweeters as well. Im asking because i did the kicker upgrade in my soundbar, so i still have 4 stock tweeters and the 2 front stock knee panel speakers. It sounded better until i upgraded my headunit. Feels like i lost power. Not sure how because everything was stock. Im hoping that once i change the 2 knee panel speakers and take out all 4 stock tweeters ill hear an improvement.

Reactions: mrjp and BigAL07
Love my DS18 sound bar set up! Went with the carbo fiber marine sound bar. looks and sounds great with 4 tweeters and LED lighting. also ending up installed two DS18 tower speakers in the back with a custom made bar for them to hang from. When I have access to a photo ill post.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp