Do I need to replace the gas tank on my 2007 Jeep Wrangler X?

Lamo

Replace gas tank because a hose broken off?
Hi all, new Jeep owner here. Just bought a new to us 2007 Wrangler X. Engine light on with gas cap indicator too. Took into the Jeep dealership today for some recalls that had not been done and asked them to look into the engine light/gas cap notifications.
Said EVAP code because of broken attachment on gas tank. Said I should consider replacing gas tank. $1,200. I've read that this is a common problem; however, since I left the dealership, neither notification has displayed. I've driven probably about 50 miles and not notifications.
Appreciate any advice/suggestions.
Thanks,
Lamo

I would suggest seeing if the issue arises again. If it does, replacing the entire gas tank shouldn't be necessary. I would think you could use some epoxy weld to fix the broken connection on the tank, unless it's something that is actually inside the tank.

Reactions: BigAL07
1616692756815.png

I posted earlier the question about getting to the top of the gas tank where the Evap connectors are without dropping the tank. Can this be done by removing the flooring in the cargo space? I‘m talking about a 2018 Wrangler JKU. Any help would be appreciated!

If it’s the white nipple (did I say nipple?) on top there are several tube videos on how to fix that. Take anything the stealership tells ya with a grain of salt. Welcome to the forum from W.Va. 🍺🍺

Reactions: mrjp
Have you checked what code the cel light is throwing. A large evap leak will light it up quickly. A po456 small leak sometimes takes a few days after cleared. System checks itself daily and I think it takes about 3 failed checks to light it up again. Large evap leak is like leaving your cap off. That will light it up fast. Unless u can actually see the part they said is broken have it smoke tested. You will find it then🍺🍺

Reactions: mrjp