Do I need longer shocks for 3 inch lift?

Newtomods

Hello jeepers,

I'm in the process of installing a 3" teraflex lift on my jku. I did not buy the shocks that came with tf 3" lift kit ( which are longer than stock shocks). I bought the fox 2.0 IFP shocks for 1.5 to 3.5 inch lift. I took the stock front shocks out and compared it with the fox shocks I bought, they are exactly the same length. I'm wondering if I bought the wrong shocks, although it says the fox shocks supports upto 3.5 inches lift?. Extreme terrain support says it does support.

My question is, should my new shocks be longer than the stock shocks for a 3 inch lift?
Do I need to compress the coil springs more to fit the stock length shocks? The kit has longer sawy bar links though.
https://www.extremeterrain.com/tera...Fy39PwTv_xP3tpNd4cRoCEJQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

This is the kit I purchased, but without the 9550 shocks.

Appreciate your feedback.

Hello jeepers,

I'm in the process of installing a 3" teraflex lift on my jku. I did not buy the shocks that came with tf 3" lift kit ( which are longer than stock shocks). I bought the fox 2.0 IFP shocks for 1.5 to 3.5 inch lift. I took the stock front shocks out and compared it with the fox shocks I bought, they are exactly the same length. I'm wondering if I bought the wrong shocks, although it says the fox shocks supports upto 3.5 inches lift?. Extreme terrain support says it does support.

My question is, should my new shocks be longer than the stock shocks for a 3 inch lift?
Do I need to compress the coil springs more to fit the stock length shocks? The kit has longer sawy bar links though.
https://www.extremeterrain.com/teraflex-25-lift-kit-w-9550-vss-shocks-0718-jk-4-door.html?utm_content=XTLiftKits-LiftKits|Teraflex&T5_Var4=J123574&intl=0&utm_campaign=XTW+Wrangler+Brands+Medium+RLSA&dialogtech=ppc&utm_source=google-pla&utm_medium=shopping&T5_Var2=shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjwyvaJBhBpEiwA8d38vI5bRvHZRjtUiLPcN0T8BktHhmNIMfdZhNxFy39PwTv_xP3tpNd4cRoCEJQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

This is the kit I purchased, but without the 9550 shocks.

Appreciate your feedback.
My bad, this is the kit..

The kit comes with the 9550 VSS shocks to ride on a 3-4" lift:
9550 VSS Twin-Tube Shock Kit (3-4” Lift) (# 1545200)

I'm confident you're good to go.