Difference between 2017 and 2018 JKs?

Spot

I did a quick scan through this forum and saw nothing regarding this so I'm sorry if this has been asked before (or millions of times before) but are there physical differences between a 2017 JK and a 2018 JK? A lot of the aftermarket stuff I'm finding on-line lists things 2007-2017 and will not accept 2018 as "compatible" What I've read on-line is conflicting and maybe being confused with a 2018 JK vs JL ? Lemme know, thx.

kgf.jpg

sdtj.jpg

etc, etc....

-

Last edited:
There is no difference whatsoever between 2017-2018 JKs, literally everything is identical.

The problem arises when you do searches, because the JL also came out in 2018, so it's a split year.

That being said, when you do a search for parts, you might read that it fits 2008-2017 JKs, and they'll exclude 2018 because they don't want people with a 2018 JL who don't know any better to end up buying it and wondering why it doesn't fit.

It's always a pain in the butt when auto makers do split year vehicles like this, because it makes it a real headache for the aftermarket industry.

There is no difference whatsoever between 2017-2018 JKs, literally everything is identical.

The problem arises when you do searches, because the JL also came out in 2018, so it's a split year.

That being said, when you do a search for parts, you might read that it fits 2008-2017 JKs, and they'll exclude 2018 because they don't want people with a 2018 JL who don't know any better to end up buying it and wondering why it doesn't fit.

It's always a pain in the butt when auto makers do split year vehicles like this, because it makes it a real headache for the aftermarket industry.
Thanks man - answers the question.

Sweet, someone asked lol. I was wondering the same because mine is an ‘18 jku but noticed a lot of the companies stopped at ‘17

I did a quick scan through this forum and saw nothing regarding this so I'm sorry if this has been asked before (or millions of times before) but are there physical differences between a 2017 JK and a 2018 JK? A lot of the aftermarket stuff I'm finding on-line lists things 2007-2017 and will not accept 2018 as "compatible" What I've read on-line is conflicting and maybe being confused with a 2018 JK vs JL ? Lemme know, thx.

View attachment 114259

View attachment 114260

etc, etc....

-

If you can swallow the price, these are fantastic grab handles: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HSGCTTS/?tag=jkforum-20

I own them, and can attest to their quality.