Dead Radio

DHARVEY-JKUR

Had my '08 JK Rubicon detailed yesterday as summer has ended, the top is back on, and the dirt and dust inside was driving me a bit crazy. The detailer did a good job, but my radio/entertainment system doesn't work now. I have no power to it. I checked the fuse, and even switched it with another to test it, and that is not the issue.

I talked to the detailer and he said... "I unplugged the battery so it wouldn’t drain while I was working so it might’ve just turned it off or reset it? Other than that I cleaned it with a towel and multipurpose spray so no serious damage should’ve happened. I was pressing the buttons so it also could’ve changed the input? I’m not sure what else it could be."

Again, there is no power to it. I completed some engine work in the past two weeks where the battery was disconnected for days, and when reconnected it worked fine. I also noticed that there was still some moisture inside the Jeep when he returned it, and even this morning as temperatures were such that some fogging appeared on the inside of my windows from the moisture still present.

To further explain... the console has power. Heater fan works, power windows work, auxilliary ports work supplying power to a phone charger and a Midland radio so it seems isolated to the entertainment system.

Tried web searches to find ways to reset, or further trouble shoot and identify the issue but didn't have much success.

Have you checked the grounds that are on the inside the Jeep on the sides, maybe he accidentle kicked one of them and broke off a ground.

I did check the ground under the hood, but aren't familiar with the ones you speak of. What am I looking for?
They are on the inside of the Jeep on the left side on Driverside and on the right side on the Passengerside. Where your feet park when your driving.