Dead Jeep

Jennagross

Hello,
I have a 2014 jk. It just started going completely dead once i turn it off it wont start back up. Battery is good. Just had my wiring harness completely replaced by the dealership last month. I have no idea whats going on. Any advice would be awesome

I took it in for an oil pump replacement in april. Shortly after i had my check engine light on. Took it back to the dealership. They had pinched and exposed a wire that fried my ECM. had to get a new ecm. Then took it back in for engine light back on. They replaced all wiring harness. And now its doing this.

I took it in for an oil pump replacement in april. Shortly after i had my check engine light on. Took it back to the dealership. They had pinched and exposed a wire that fried my ECM. had to get a new ecm. Then took it back in for engine light back on. They replaced all wiring harness. And now its doing this.

Sounds like time for a new Dealer, they don't always now what they are doing. Could be either the ECM or TIPM.

Reactions: Danarch and BigAL07
Hello,
I have a 2014 jk. It just started going completely dead once i turn it off it wont start back up. Battery is good. Just had my wiring harness completely replaced by the dealership last month. I have no idea whats going on. Any advice would be awesome
Is there a way you have been able to start it? Your wording suggests that you can. However, assuming it's just dead, if there are no dash lights, no clicking when you turn the key, no noise, then it sounds like there is a broken line between your battery and the rest of the system. Since the wiring harness was replaced, that looks like a place to start. There's also a possibility that there might be a grounding problem.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp