Curious to know all your fuel efficiency

longlivenintendo

JK Enthusiast
I've been super stoked lately because with the recent fixes I've done, fuel injectors, spark plugs, air filter, new exhaust my 08' is running at 19.2 mpg. I'm curious to know what you all run at? I'm all about efficiency. I'm curious if she ll go any higher. It could be also the new wax I put on her the other day too 😜

Update from a trip I did today to a 4x4 shop for an alignment. All hilly highway, mostly 65 to 75 MPH. I was actually under 17mpg. But that's fine by me. Im lifted pretty high w aftermarket bumpers and a 73lb winch.

EB173829-BDCA-4CE2-AF2E-B0E2F7082CF7.jpegDDCBC9E2-A15B-4CE2-AE8B-69BF32888681.jpeg

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
Jeepers - '11 JKUR with a lot of mods. Stock 3.8L, 4-speed auto.12-13MPG average.
Thor - '13 JKUR with a lot of mods. 3.6L with CAI, Flowmaster Outlaw exhaust, 91 octane tune, M6. 16-18 MPG average
Loki - '99 Corvette with lots of mods. 800+ HP LS3 swap, M6. 32MPG if you drive like your Drivers Ed teacher told you to. Less if you drive like me.

All MPG figures are for Colorado driving. Altitude and terrain do impact these things.

I do not care about fuel economy, I bought the JK for my country living, specifically our harsh Donner Party winters. All Good

Reactions: BigAL07
Chiming back, even though there's people who get all 'bent' when Wrangler owners talk about MPG, 😂

I do personally keep track of it on long trips. Why? Because even though its not meant for efficiency, I find it enjoyable when you can push the limits in fuel savings. 🤷‍♂️

Today, on the way back from an upstate NY, NW NJ, 1 hour and a half drive @60/65mph, averaging 18 after getting off the hills:
E25FAAB5-14BC-414C-92EC-9699B1CB5196.jpeg

Chiming back, even though there's people who get all 'bent' when Wrangler owners talk about MPG, 😂

I do personally keep track of it on long trips. Why? Because even though its not meant for efficiency, I find it enjoyable when you can push the limits in fuel savings. 🤷‍♂️

Today, on the way back from an upstate NY, NW NJ, 1 hour and a half drive @60/65mph, averaging 18 after getting off the hills:
View attachment 123792
thats awesome. I've been holding steady at 19,3. I just replaced my shocks too I wonder if that will help as well.

Jeepers - '11 JKUR with a lot of mods. Stock 3.8L, 4-speed auto.12-13MPG average.
Thor - '13 JKUR with a lot of mods. 3.6L with CAI, Flowmaster Outlaw exhaust, 91 octane tune, M6. 16-18 MPG average
Loki - '99 Corvette with lots of mods. 800+ HP LS3 swap, M6. 32MPG if you drive like your Drivers Ed teacher told you to. Less if you drive like me.

All MPG figures are for Colorado driving. Altitude and terrain do impact these things.
@BigAL07, can you tell me what it is about this post that makes you sad? I'm honestly confused.

Reactions: BigAL07
Just sad for your wallet at the gas station lol. Figured the 3.8 would do a little better than that. My billfold cries weekly 🍺🍺
I think it does ok, for a heavy vehicle with the aerodynamics of a barn, a ton (literally) of heavy mods, driven in the mountains and rarely below 6000 feet.
Besides, I've always got the Vette for an economy car...

I probably have the lightest JK in the forum. 16in wheels no rear seat, no weighty mods. When I first took it for a 4 hour highway trip, not over 55mph ( that 6th gear stumbling under load) the silly thing on the dash told me I was getting 29 MPG at the end of my trip. But after 12 years of math I average about 18MPG. Almost no highway travel and a lot of fun in the snow now.