Crank no start intermittent issue

Dave1959

I have a 2012 Wrangler unlimited with the intermittent issue of long crank no start. I replaced the fuel pump about two months ago. It seemed that the issued corrected itself. Two weeks ago It started doing the same thing again and so yesterday I replaced the cam and crank sensors. Once again it cranked, but would never start. I pulled the fuel line off Going through the manifold and there is no fuel in there, I crawled underneath, and I had my wife cycled the key and I could not hear the fuel pump come on, after about 10 cycles of the key The fuel pump came on, and the engine started. I searched online and found there was an issues with the fuel pump relay, so I ordered the TIPM bypass kit and will install that today. Well this morning I went out and it started right up with no issues. I’m at a complete loss of where to go.

I’ve seen other people have had the same issue and I’ve read all the threads but I’ve never seen where somebody actually said that they fixed the problem and what they found did anybody ever find a fix for this issue?

I have a 2012 Wrangler unlimited with the intermittent issue of long crank no start. I replaced the fuel pump about two months ago. It seemed that the issued corrected itself. Two weeks ago It started doing the same thing again and so yesterday I replaced the cam and crank sensors. Once again it cranked, but would never start. I pulled the fuel line off Going through the manifold and there is no fuel in there, I crawled underneath, and I had my wife cycled the key and I could not hear the fuel pump come on, after about 10 cycles of the key The fuel pump came on, and the engine started. I searched online and found there was an issues with the fuel pump relay, so I ordered the TIPM bypass kit and will install that today. Well this morning I went out and it started right up with no issues. I’m at a complete loss of where to go.

I’ve seen other people have had the same issue and I’ve read all the threads but I’ve never seen where somebody actually said that they fixed the problem and what they found did anybody ever find a fix for this issue?

I would think there would be a fuse and or relay for the fuel pump in the fuse box, could be a bad connection.

What is a TIPM bypass kit?

I just found a Bypass kit, it must be a pretty common problem for all the Chrysler products. There's alot of them for sale on the Web.

Apparently, Chrysler uses a soldered on cheap relay for the fuel pump inside the fuse box, which they officially call a TIPM. The bypass is basically a piece of wire with two fuses on the end where you jump from the fuel pump. Relay fuse over to the rear cigarette lighter fuse, and that will bypass the internal relay.

Apparently, Chrysler uses a soldered on cheap relay for the fuel pump inside the fuse box, which they officially call a TIPM. The bypass is basically a piece of wire with two fuses on the end where you jump from the fuel pump. Relay fuse over to the rear cigarette lighter fuse, and that will bypass the internal relay.
Hmm. That might be handy to have in the "just-in-case" kit.

Reactions: BLACKJKU
A quick search shows Chrysler had a recall for the durango and Grand Cherokee for the TIPM. Check & see if there is one for yours?