Conterfeit or real

Ghstrydr

JK Enthusiast
I replaced both cam and crank sensors last year with ones from autzone. They work well however my 08 Sahara will crank over a long time before starting once in a while. So I decided to replace both sensors with Mopar sensors. I ordered them from Rockauto and they arrived today. The cam sensor is made in China, the crank sensor is made in Mexico. There are no markings on either sensor, other then being in a plastic bag with the Mopar logo and part number. There is no way to verify they are authentic.

I guess there has to be a level of trust, and I have always been pleased with Rockauto parts. Have any of you had a similar experience when ordering parts?

I replaced both cam and crank sensors last year with ones from autzone. They work well however my 08 Sahara will crank over a long time before starting once in a while. So I decided to replace both sensors with Mopar sensors. I ordered them from Rockauto and they arrived today. The cam sensor is made in China, the crank sensor is made in Mexico. There are no markings on either sensor, other then being in a plastic bag with the Mopar logo and part number. There is no way to verify they are authentic.

I guess there has to be a level of trust, and I have always been pleased with Rockauto parts. Have any of you had a similar experience when ordering parts?

Seems like Rock Auto lists the parts that are OEM as so don't they?

Seems like Rock Auto lists the parts that are OEM as so don't they?
Yes, that is correct and like I stated their parts have always done the job for me. I guess I was just speaking in general not specific to any one vendor, how do we know that the parts are authentic other then the packaging which could be forged. I know, I'm sounding paranoid. It was just something that went through my head as I was installing the senors.

Yes, that is correct and like I stated their parts have always done the job for me. I guess I was just speaking in general not specific to any one vendor, how do we know that the parts are authentic other then the packaging which could be forged. I know, I'm sounding paranoid. It was just something that went through my head as I was installing the senors.
rock auto has been trustworthy to me so far, if you get them from amazon on the other hand you could be getting anything.

Reactions: mrjp