Codes, codes and more codes! Could it be the catalytic converter?

chrispeel2001

I've been struggling with some o2 sensor codes and nothing has been working. I replaced all the sensors, didn't fix it.
Did the ground repair as was suggested, didn't fix it.
Replaced the ecu and didn't fix it.
Before I had this issue I had a code that said the cat was bad. I bought one on ebay for under $300.

I'm beginning to wonder if the cat I got on ebay was a rip off or just not the right one. Could the cat be at the heart of these issues?

Screenshot_20230418_181724_RepairSol2.jpg

Screenshot_20230418_181753_RepairSol2.jpg

If the cat you bought wasn't a factory cat then it will throw a code, I have high flow cats on my JK and I have to use O2 Foolers to be able to not get a code.

Did you use NGK O2 Sensors? A

Also if it's from the non-factory cat it will be a downstream code.

Did you try doing a ECM reset?

If the cat you bought wasn't a factory cat then it will throw a code, I have high flow cats on my JK and I have to use O2 Foolers to be able to not get a code.

Did you use NGK O2 Sensors? A

Also if it's from the non-factory cat it will be a downstream code.

Did you try doing a ECM reset?
I did reset the ecm and nothing changed. Definitely not a factory cat. I Honestly don't remember the o2 sensor brand.

Update
I gave up trying to figure it out. I took it to a shop. They replaced the o2 sensors I had with oem sensors and that fixed it. No more codes and no more cylinder misfire. Now all I have to figure out is the traction and esp lights

Reactions: Danarch and BigAL07
My ABS and ESP lights are on and I don't have cruise control, pretty sure I have a bad wheel speed sensor

My ABS and ESP lights are on and I don't have cruise control, pretty sure I have a bad wheel speed sensor somewhere.

We always tell everyone to use OEM on electrical parts.
Definitely lesson learned about oem vs bush league. I have a code reader but it doesn't tell me anything about the speed sensor. It's one that connects to my phone.

Excellent. Free, my favorite four letter word, next to cash, that is
The damn misfire is back, with? It's the only code P0300. I've changed the spark plugs and wires. It's not the o2 sensors.
When I start her up she misfires, but once I've been driving for about 10 minutes or so it stops and drives like normal.

Cold start misfires are pretty common. I'd start by checking compression, fuel pressure, and cleaning the throttle body and MAF. Then I'd think vacuum or air leak. Anything that could be causing a lean condition but would seal up once the engine swells up from the heat.

Reactions: chrispeel2001