code for O2 sensor- bank 2 sensor 1- 2007 Jeep Wrangler

Bob S.

Hi Guys: This my first post. The info that I found from you guys was very valuable. I had a code for the driver's side (bank 2) upstream O2 sensor. Of course the first thing I did was replace the o2. Even though the readings I was getting were way out of wack...-83 degrees F., also high voltage. Still thought it must be the sensor. "wrong". So I added extra engine and body grounds. Also I added an extra ground for the sensor, by grounding the back wire in the harness going to the connector for the O2...not the black wire in the sensor pigtail. That was it. No more check engine light. Thanks for the info.- Bob S.

Hi Guys: This my first post. The info that I found from you guys was very valuable. I had a code for the driver's side (bank 2) upstream O2 sensor. Of course the first thing I did was replace the o2. Even though the readings I was getting were way out of wack...-83 degrees F., also high voltage. Still thought it must be the sensor. "wrong". So I added extra engine and body grounds. Also I added an extra ground for the sensor, by grounding the back wire in the harness going to the connector for the O2...not the black wire in the sensor pigtail. That was it. No more check engine light. Thanks for the info.- Bob S.

Biggest problem on a older vehicle is bad grounds. Glad to see you done some reading before asking how to fix it.

Reactions: BigAL07