Changing the inside hardtop roof color on 2018 Sahara JKU

Ashlyn

Might be a stupid question but it really throws me off that the inside of my roof parts are white while the rest of my Jeep is black. What are my options to making them black? Painting or purchasing new....

D4E9572C-0AD0-4200-B0F3-6B1677BEF27F.jpeg

You can paint them/have them painted (pretty sure there is a thread on here about painting it yourself) or you can buy sound deaden-er. It will not only give you some black inside, but also help with road noise.

It's actually very easy to paint that with just about any sort of spray paint. Prep of course is the key to it sticking and lasting a long time.

Personally though I would put the Mopar headliner over it, as it will help keep the noise out, as well as the outside air.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LRJ7UDW/?tag=jkforum-20

That does fit your 2018, contrary to what it says.

Reactions: BLACKJKU
Also, just suggestion as I noticed in the photo, think about taking the screw devices out of the roll-bar, I have heard of many people having leaks toward the windshield because of them. When tightened they don't allow for a good seal i guess. I took mine out just as a precaution.

It's actually very easy to paint that with just about any sort of spray paint. Prep of course is the key to it sticking and lasting a long time.

Personally though I would put the Mopar headliner over it, as it will help keep the noise out, as well as the outside air.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LRJ7UDW/?tag=jkforum-20

That does fit your 2018, contrary to what it says.
Great suggestion might do a combination of that and spray painting the other white pieces.

Reactions: Chris
Also, just suggestion as I noticed in the photo, think about taking the screw devices out of the roll-bar, I have heard of many people having leaks toward the windshield because of them. When tightened they don't allow for a good seal i guess. I took mine out just as a precaution.
Thanks for the suggestion I’ll definitely make note of that!

I agree with the headliner kit, that might be one of my next things to do. I saw one kit that had the side pieces in it for the rear. I guess I should have looked that one at Amazon has the side pieces.

Great suggestion might do a combination of that and spray painting the other white pieces.

No problem. You'll love that headliner, it definitely cuts down on the outside noise and keeps the heat / cold air on the inside.

Might be a stupid question but it really throws me off that the inside of my roof parts are white while the rest of my Jeep is black. What are my options to making them black? Painting or purchasing new....

View attachment 114884
The ones i’ve seen painted by do-it-yourselfers look bad but if they are professionally done they look good.

BedRug makes a headliner carpet kit that is dark gray. It does the whole top and the white part around the back windows too. The headliner kits are easy to install and not very expensive.