CEL Codes

BattJKU35

I know there’s a million threads on CEL codes but I got these three codes on my way home. I know my alternator is dying and I have a replacement one ready to go. This has an Optima DeepCycle Yellow Top battery and an aftermarket radio (which I’ve seen can cause that radio loss code). Could dying alternator be source of first two or is there something else I need to be looking for?

IMG_5640.jpeg

IMG_5641.jpeg

IMG_5642.jpeg

I know there’s a million threads on CEL codes but I got these three codes on my way home. I know my alternator is dying and I have a replacement one ready to go. This has an Optima DeepCycle Yellow Top battery and an aftermarket radio (which I’ve seen can cause that radio loss code). Could dying alternator be source of first two or is there something else I need to be looking for?

View attachment 125652

View attachment 125653

View attachment 125654

Pretty sure the U codes happen when a aftermarket Radio is installed.

What year is your Jeep?

More than likely your U codes are from the aftermarket radio. I have 3 or 4 codes related to my aftermarket radio. The U0002 is a generic CanBus lost connection code. Usually there's a space and 2 other numbers that follow after that code to dile in which CanBus lost connection. P0523 is your oil pressure sensor.

More than likely your U codes are from the aftermarket radio. I have 3 or 4 codes related to my aftermarket radio. The U0002 is a generic CanBus lost connection code. Usually there's a space and 2 other numbers that follow after that code to dile in which CanBus lost connection. P0523 is your oil pressure sensor.
Thank you! Good to know about the U codes.

For some reason I was struggling to pull up the actual P code the other night but I was able to do some more digging and found that too.

Reactions: JeepJeezy