Carobotor vs Stinger

Dammit-Jim

I'm finally getting ready for an upgrade to my head unit. I've been looking at both the Carobotor & the Stinger.
I'd love to
A. see some picts, particularly a side or angled view since most of the product picts are straight on.
B. here pros and cons from people who have them, and if they'd go with the same one again.

Thanks

2013 JKU

Reactions: Speartip
Carobotor is some Chinesium unit that if it breaks, you're on your own. You can't even use all of it's features unless you have a 2011+.

Reactions: Dammit-Jim
I'm finally getting ready for an upgrade to my head unit. I've been looking at both the Carobotor & the Stinger.
I'd love to
A. see some picts, particularly a side or angled view since most of the product picts are straight on.
B. here pros and cons from people who have them, and if they'd go with the same one again.

Thanks

2013 JKU

I am a Doctor not Magician!

I'd love to

Thanks

2013 JKU

Like your handle . Too Funny
Have you checked out Boss .
Quite popular and available from Crutchfield who has very good service .

Reactions: Dammit-Jim
Like your handle . Too Funny
Have you checked out Boss .
Quite popular and available from Crutchfield who has very good service .

I have a Boss unit and honestly wish I had saved for something nicer like a Sony or Alpine. When it works, it's barebones as hell. It will work if all you want is a back up camera and Google maps. Everything else blows.

I have a Boss unit and honestly wish I had saved for something nicer like a Sony or Alpine. When it works, it's barebones as hell. It will work if all you want is a back up camera and Google maps. Everything else blows.

Which unit do you have ?
In doing some research I found some Boss units overall have positive reviews where others not so much .
So for whatever reason some units fair better than others .
The head units I’ve been considering are all under $500 CDN. Double Din, Apple Car Play , non CD , Volume knob, aux in , rear cam
Kinda specific about what I want .

I tried a few cheaper units that were in the garage from previous vehicles ending up with a high end Kenwood unit with satellite radio and a built in GPS from Crutchfield. All steering wheel buttons work with their recommended parts.

IMG_0990.jpeg

Which unit do you have ?
In doing some research I found some Boss units overall have positive reviews where others not so much .
So for whatever reason some units fair better than others .
The head units I’ve been considering are all under $500 CDN. Double Din, Apple Car Play , non CD , Volume knob, aux in , rear cam
Kinda specific about what I want .

BVCP9690A. I had to RMA the first unit as soon as I got it because it wouldn't power on and of course they tried high and low to blame my Jeep.

BVCP9690A. I had to RMA the first unit as soon as I got it because it wouldn't power on and of course they tried high and low to blame my Jeep.

Checking reviews on Amazon looks like this unit has some unfavourable reviews .
A couple of the units I seen with more favourable reviews didn’t have a CD or DVD drive .
Maybe a connection ? Not sure .
Either way hope your able to find something that works better .
When I finally pull the trigger will let everyone know verdict .

Reactions: Cimmerian
Checking reviews on Amazon looks like this unit has some unfavourable reviews .
A couple of the units I seen with more favourable reviews didn’t have a CD or DVD drive .
Maybe a connection ? Not sure .
Either way hope your able to find something that works better .
When I finally pull the trigger will let everyone know verdict .

I plan on getting this:

I put an Alpine ILX 507 to replace my Alpine stock unit. I did n't change speakers, amp or sub, but it sounds way better than stock. Has CarPlay, etc and works great.

Reactions: Snowbird Tom