Can I swap in a factory radio with navigation?

F D Carter

Have a 2014 JK, looking to swap out the stock radio mans with a radio from a 2014 to 2017 JK, with nav in it, is it possible???🤔🤔, thanks

The head unit fits, but I believe the harness is slightly different. Hopefully someone who has done it will chime in.

Have you used the factory navigation though? It's pure garbage in every sense of the word.

Why not just swap in an aftermarket head unit with Apple CarPlay or Android Audio?

I went with a Sony with navigation, Apple CarPlay and Maestro. Way better than a stock one and more fun.
20F63C22-1773-4893-A45F-96535DB12F3E.jpeg
387E5BDF-BB06-46A5-B883-1F2A069F288A.jpeg

Reactions: LCBOYER
I went with a Kenwood DNX994S with Garmin Navigation in 2018 (They have newer models now), as well as the Maestro Kit. With the Kenwood unit, I get Carplay, Android Auto, access to diagnostics (similar to 417Willyz Sony Radio) and its fantastic. I had CarToys in Bellevue, WA do the install, but at the time, there was a promotion for free installation. Whats great about the JK is that its fairly easy to install an aftermarket radio.

Reactions: Pshaub
Hiello,
if you don't mind me asking a question on your radio install...I've got a '13 Sahara that I'm putting a Kenwood with Nav in. I've got the Maestro Rr and the Idatalink - how did you bypass the parking brake on the idatalink harness? I've got a bypass trigger, and thought that I had it wired correctly, but it didn't work. I'm also not getting use of my Uconnect - but I can ask the folks at Crutchfield that part (apparently they cannot answer questions about a brake bypass). I just need to know the correct wiring sequence, if any of you folks don't mind.
THANKS!