Camshaft sensor wiring.

The shuggs

I'm having the reoccurring P0394 code with the ESC light coming on. I'm currently checking the continuity of the wires between the bank 2 sensor, and the ECU. The signals, and 5V supply all came back good, but the ground isn't. I just want to confirm that pin 86 on the ECU connector is the camshaft ground? I can't find the wiring diagram for my 2014 JK.

I just added quite a few manuals in the Resources Section last week. Be sure to check out that area when you have time.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
A pin in a connector or at the ECM?
Yup. The ECM has 2 connectors going to it. The cam sensors are wired through the inboard connector.
On my 2014 the cam sensor wiring was:
- CMP signal 1 (bank 1 sensor): pin 62
- CMP signal 2 (bank 1 sensor): pin 85 *unconfirmed*
- CMP signal 3 (bank 2 sensor): pin 63
- CMP signal 4 (bank 2 sensor): pin 61
- CMP sensor 5V supply (both banks): pin 87
- CMP sensor ground (both banks): pin 66

1924943-3.gif

Last edited:
Yup. The ECM has 2 connectors going to it. The cam sensors are wired through the inboard connector.
On my 2014 the cam sensor wiring was:
- CMP signal 1 (bank 1 sensor): pin 62
- CMP signal 2 (bank 1 sensor): pin 85
- CMP signal 3 (bank 2 sensor): pin 63
- CMP signal 4 (bank 2 sensor): pin 61
- CMP sensor 5V supply (both banks): pin 87
- CMP sensor ground (both banks): pin 66

View attachment 120951

Thanks for updating and giving this info it could help someone else later.

Did the Manual I linked you to help with this? I haven't really had time to look at one yet to see how much info they really had.

Thanks for updating and giving this info it could help someone else later.

Did the Manual I linked you to help with this? I haven't really had time to look at one yet to see how much info they really had.
I can't remember if I verified the bank 1 signal wires, since I didn't have any codes for that bank, so pin 85 could very much be pin 65. Given the wrong pin for the ground, I'm guessing the diagram I was going off of was based on something hand written where the 6 looked like an 8.

As for your links, I couldn't find a wiring diagram among the free ones, and didn't want to pay $200 at the time.

Reactions: BLACKJKU