Calling other 2016 Sahara 75th Anniversary Edition owners swapping out halogen's for LED units (none fit so far)

JeepBandit

I just tried to install my 2nd set of RGB Halo LED Projector headlights and neither pair fit. Only 1 of the 3 tabs on the back of the casing would fit in the slots for the headlight.

Question, has anyone with the 2016 75th Anniversary Sahara swapped out their factory halogens for aftermarket LED's? Anyone else have a fitment problem???? Ugh!

Note: I did this exact same thing on my 2013 JK Sport and they fit like a glove. Wondering if the '16 headlight bracket is different in some way???

I have a 16 Sahara and just installed some JW Speaker Evo 3 headlights. They were not a perfect fit, I really expected them to be. I did have to file the slots a bit.

I have a 16 Sahara and just installed some JW Speaker Evo 3 headlights. They were not a perfect fit, I really expected them to be. I did have to file the slots a bit.

I believe the Evo 3's are meant for 2017+. Probably why it wasn't an exact fit, sounds like a little filing got them to work though

I think they are advertising them for pre 2017, because they have the directional harness tied into the headlight. But yes, some minor filing got them to fit.

I think they are advertising them for pre 2017, because they have the directional harness tied into the headlight. But yes, some minor filing got them to fit.
Huh. I could have sworn when I looked at the JW page it said the Evo 3s were for 17+. That's why I got the Evo 2s. Missed opportunity!