C2101 & C2103 codes

KCsJKU

Any help would be great. I have a 2014 JKU and was driving this evening when all the sudden, I had an audible tone (like low fuel), my speedo went to 0 and slowly went back to the speed I was going and my traction control light came on. About 5 minutes later, it did it again. I noticed just a slight loss of power for a second when this happened. It happened a3rd time and now the battery light was on too. When I got home (this all happened within a 10-12 minute time frame), I began to back into my driveway and it dies. I try to crank it again and nothing. Had to take it out of gear and roll it down the street. A few minutes later, I was able to crank it and I read the codes. It showed C2101 and C2103 for battery and system high voltage. My traction control light is off now and no codes for it. Anyone have similar issues?

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
I had an identical issue, literally.

Mine turned out to be the brake light switch, which is on the pedal assemble right on top of the brake pedal lever arm. Apparently it was getting stuck (replacing it fixed this) and causing these errors, as well as a loss of power, traction control light, etc. Scared me the first time it happened because I was on the highway and suddenly lost speed and all throttle, then it went right back on.

Reactions: KCsJKU
OP
K

KCsJKU

I forgot to come back and update. Everything I read, which there wasn't much out there in regards to these codes, was a loose negative battery terminal. I double checked and sure enough, my negative terminal was loose, but was as tight as I could get it. So I replaced my terminal with a brass terminal and was able to tighten it down. I cleared the codes and so far, we haven't had a repeat of the issues. It's not a DD so I haven't gotten that many miles on it since replacing, but hopefully that fixed it. I had the battery replaced 6 months ago and didnt notice any issues with the terminal then.

Reactions: BLACKJKU and Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sounds like you may have solved the issue. Hopefully that was indeed the fix, and if it was, it just goes to show that sometimes the simplest explanation is the right one. Let us know how it holds up, and thanks for the update!

Reactions: KCsJKU