Bumper Upgrade

FLCoastJK

I am thinking of upgrading the bumpers on my Rubicon. I thought about getting a rear one with cube lights built in and then wiring them to the reverse lights. Has anyone else done this? I am wondering if the LEDs will flag some sort of code or if the whole idea is just silly. Thoughts?

1615258641237.png

You could always put a switch between the light and the reverse switch, then use them when they won't blind anyone.

Reactions: mrjp
You could always put a switch between the light and the reverse switch, then use them when they won't blind anyone.
I am trying to keep from putting a bank of switches inside but foresee a light bar, winch, etc soon so maybe its inevitable. I might just get the bumper and wire the the lights into a switch to use as needed. I was trying to take the easy way out, I guess.

I am trying to keep from putting a bank of switches inside but foresee a light bar, winch, etc soon so maybe its inevitable. I might just get the bumper and wire the the lights into a switch to use as needed. I was trying to take the easy way out, I guess.
If you have the funds you can get the SPod with the touchscreen. That’s what I’m going to do. Much less clutter and super easy wiring

Reactions: mrjp
Holy smokes, that is a great, clean setup. Let me know how that works. I would rather spend a bit more and get what I want than to be wanting for something better.