Brake pad suggestions

JKFreedom

Went in for first dealer service yesterday since buying my 2015 JK 2 door a few months ago. I'm right at 40k miles. I'm lifted and running 35's so I wasn't surprised when they told me my rear brake pads need replacing. However, I'm a little surprised they said the fronts were okay for now. So I assume the fronts were replaced at some point before I bought it. Anyway, I've had good luck on several other vehicles with DuraLast Gold pads from Auto Zone. They seem to stop well, not be noisy, and very low on dust. For the JK, they offer them in a semi-metallic or ceramic for a few dollars more. If I order online, I can actually get the ceramics cheaper, net cost to me, than the semi-metallic because they have a 20% and free shipping offer for spending over $100, which the ceramics would be, slightly, and the semi-metallics would fall just short of $100. Any particular downsides or advantages of one type over the other, specifically on a lifted JK?

This doesn't answer your question but have you heard or thought about a Big Brake kit? Gives you more stopping power over the stock brakes.

Reactions: mrjp and Lxxtsy
This doesn't answer your question but have you heard or thought about a Big Brake kit? Gives you more stopping power over the stock brakes.
Yes, heard and thought about it. I have no complaints about stopping power and am generally easy on brakes with the exception of the occasional idiot drivers that have to be avoided at the last second. I don't log a ton of miles, so replacing pads every 30 to 40k would still not be a very often occurrence for me.

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU
Black Magic brake pads are the best-of-the-best when it comes to brake pads for Jeeps as far as I am concerned.

Reactions: mrjp