Both Rear brakes sticking

Cheepjeep33

2014 Jeep JK Unlimited Sport.

Recently, both rear break calipers seem to be sticking. I find it odd that both would stick at the same time.

This all seemed to happen after I replaced the heat / air actuator motor.

My question is, are their any electrical components in the steering column that could be associated with the brakes. I put everything back together and when I adjust the steering column, it feels like I am pinching wires. I looked but cant find any wires that are in the way.

Plan is to change both rear calipers and rotors. Just dont want it to be electrical after spending the money on all that.

Here's the jeep

8036.jpeg

20200209_095932.jpg

20200209_095911.jpg

Common issue can include but not limited to salt, sand mud etc can enter this are of the ebrake and if allowed to sit there will cause the system to lock up. As you're image show, you've done some off roading on the beach and if not properly clean afterward, one will encounter this issue. it is best to maintain the ebrake with a regular routine maintenance and clean the system up as well as oil/grease the cables etc.

If both rear calipers are " sticking" replace the main brake line off of the frame to axle. Had a similar issue with a friends Jeep.