Blue Ox Flat Tow Baseplate & Aftermarket Bumper

LargeHardware

I have a blue ox baseplate installed on my JK For towing behind the Motorhome. Looking for an aftermarket bumper that will fit. Anyone running this setup?
CE71AC41-9FAD-4242-BB94-262BF54AC879.jpeg

Reactions: Michael Shatto
Barricade does not reckamend using the D rings to tow besides they are to high to my hitch the blue OX is just the right height with my 2 inch lift.

Reactions: mrjp
So I'm trying to put together my list of components to flat tow my JK behind my motorhome. Leaning towards Currie mount. Then see what Tow bars go with it.
Would love a direct off road bumper mount but it appears that is not recommended for long distance towing

I went with the Currie mount and after replacing my friends jk rear control arm brackets yj rear shock brackets he gave me a blue ox steel 10,000 lb tow bar so did not need to fabricate my own. Hooks right up and will tow very nice behind our motorhome. Also went with the Curt rear tail light harness, plug-n-play with just a ground to connect, otherwise just route and mount plug at front. Now just deciding on which brake system to purchase, leaning towards a brake buddy select 3 if anyone has any experience input is appreciated also.

26FC24C1-184A-443E-962A-2A238680ABF5.jpeg

image.jpg

Did you have to cut down the extended material on the Frame ends?
I was thinking instead of cutting for a Flush surface, using aluminum stock as a filler to make flush.
Have you thought of using Ready brake instead of brake buddy?

Did you have to cut down the extended material on the Frame ends?
I was thinking instead of cutting for a Flush surface, using aluminum stock as a filler to make flush.
Have you thought of using Ready brake instead of brake buddy?
I did nothing with extra ends on bracket at this time. I will probably add a bracket at the ends to crossmember for added strength, also i am going to a few small welds where brackets meets bottom edge of crossmember. I am not sure about all the extensions with ready brake onto hitch receiver, and less installation for brake buddy to me so far but still looking.

Reactions: franka548
So I'm going to look at a used BlueOx 10,000 lb towbar, Roadmaster Braking system and towmate tow lighting system.
This plus a Currie/RockJocks base plate gets me up and towing the fastest and most economically. Concerned about power draw for brake system and lights on the JK's battery. I have (2) plugs, one is key Aux and other is Always on. I don't want to leave key on in jeep.
Thoughts?

So your charging your jeep from the RV? My RV's hitch has both 4 plug and the round (not sure if that is 7 or 6).
I'm afraid to power the brake sys off RV, if there is a break away and no power will brake systems stop the jeep? I don't know if Roadmaster can do that

I installed a battery disconnect and wired the breakaway and airforce 1 breaking system straight to the battery the draw on the battery is very minimal.

So your charging your jeep from the RV? My RV's hitch has both 4 plug and the round (not sure if that is 7 or 6).
I'm afraid to power the brake sys off RV, if there is a break away and no power will brake systems stop the jeep? I don't know if Roadmaster can do that
Yes the rv 7-way has one connector that is constant 12v accessory power. The brake buddy comes with a breakaway switch with cable also which will apply jeep brakes if becomes disconnected. I ordered a universal 7-way from e-trailer and took about 30 minutes to remake the harness.
820F66C6-37D1-4447-909D-2C5B9BD1EC7D.jpeg

I have a blue ox baseplate installed on my JK For towing behind the Motorhome. Looking for an aftermarket bumper that will fit. Anyone running this setup?View attachment 117377
If you are talking off-road, the only one, less expensive one, is Smittybilt which fits over my Blue Ox. (Install the fog lights first)
20210418_122621.jpg

I have a blue ox baseplate installed on my JK For towing behind the Motorhome. Looking for an aftermarket bumper that will fit. Anyone running this setup?View attachment 117377