Blinker Issue

KMarkland

Have a weird, problem, my right front blinker was blinking really fast. Easy enough, change the light bulb, still blinks fast. To test, I moved the left bulb over to the right and still the same thing. Took the assembly apart and cleaned up contacts and still the same thing. Now here is the weird part. I hooked up my trailer to use it and now the right front blinker works fine. Unhook the trailer and it goes back to fast blinking. My feeling, it has to be a ground issues somewhere, but confused as to why it would work fine, with the trailer hooked up.
Any ideas?

I believe on the JK the fast blink is to notify a bulb is out. A bad ground like you said, can do that same. Just curious, when you say your RF blinker was blinking fast, was your right rear not blinking the same speed? Been a while since I changed one, but don't they all go one side same speed? I ask, because have you checked your rear bulb? Sometimes it gets unseated, some corrosion etc, or the filament is cracked not fully out.

Trailer is weird, maybe it is a bulb, but it's reading a completed circuit with the trailer connected for some reason? Maybe you can run a jumper from the side blinker and front blinker if you have that for the grounds, I seem to remember someone mentioning that, but I can't remember the detail.

You are correct, the right rear was flashing fast also, but those are LED, which I have had installed for 4 years now. I never thought of checking the side light, I will do that now, maybe that is it. Thanks.

I did replace the side marker bulbs, but still had the issues. So, for trial and error, I swapped my right rear and left rear LED tail lights and the problem followed it to the left side and the right side started working normally. So, I am pretty sure, that something internal happened to the LED lighting assembly, which is weird, because its so rare for an LED to fail.

I did replace the side marker bulbs, but still had the issues. So, for trial and error, I swapped my right rear and left rear LED tail lights and the problem followed it to the left side and the right side started working normally. So, I am pretty sure, that something internal happened to the LED lighting assembly, which is weird, because its so rare for an LED to fail.
Sucks, but information change is helpful. I wish LEDs didn’t have issues, ha, but they like anything fail, more often than the marketing would have you believe. I'm all LED in my house if possible, and those get replaced a lot more than I thought they would, ha.
Problem isolated, that’s a huge positive.

Last edited: