Blinker and side marker light not working when headlights are on

Rockslide

I have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara and the passenger front blinker and side marker light is driving me nuts. The marker and blinker doesn’t function when the headlights go on. I’ve changed the bulbs, cleaned the negative battery terminal and the ground. I’ve tested with a continuity tester and the tester lights when I touch on one side of the bulb socket. It’s driving me nuts... any help would be greatly appreciated....

Did they work at any point since the LED headlights were installed? What headlight type are they? Brand is not important, just they function. Halo type with ambler blinker for example? If you have a link to them that would be best.

Reactions: Chris
Did they work at any point since the LED headlights were installed? What headlight type are they? Brand is not important, just they function. Halo type with ambler blinker for example? If you have a link to them that would be best.
They did work but stopped working only on the passenger side. Driver side is fine. The headlights are the day maker LED, no halo.

They did work but stopped working only on the passenger side. Driver side is fine. The headlights are the day maker LED, no halo.

Did you check the fuse for the right side lights? Yes believe it or not they put fuses for the turn signals and marker lights.

Reactions: BigAL07
Everything reads as something was miss-wired other than the fact it was working. My bet is that a wire came unattached from the headlight install. Probably a ground. Good luck.

Reactions: BigAL07 and mrjp
My LED high beams stopped working on one side once. This was due to a loose headlight wire connector. I just plugged it back again and secured both plugs together with a zip tie and they haven't had any issues since.

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same problem on a 2011 Jeep Wrangler
I know this is a late post but I am going to post my finding in case it might help someone out. I have a 2012 jeep JKU and my front side marker lights stopped working. My front signal lights only worked when the parking lights were off and the front parking lights did not work. I checked the power to the sockets and there was power. Then I checked the resistance from the ground pin to ground and it was high. I found ground #112, the one behind the passenger headlight and in front of the air box is the ground for these lights. I cleaned it and reinstalled. No luck. Finally I cut into the electrical tape around the ground and fount that there are 5-16 gauge wires soldered into this lug along with the large wire. Those 5 wires were broken. I spliced an extension piece of wire on to them and put a new lug on them. Reconnected the grounds and all lights work beautifully. If you look at this ground quick it looks like 1 large wire but there are in fact 5 wires total. Hop this helps someone!

Reactions: JeepJeezy