Bestop Ultra not closing

JKS

I have a 2007 unlimited and purchased and had professionally installed the Bestop Ultra soft top this summer. I had to take it back in once already for adjustment issues and it not reaching the latch, which they fixed. It's tightened back up again and I live in the South where daytime temps haven't been below 75 for some time, especially today. With just the sunrider open, I can't close it by myself. I have to get a 2nd person to pull down on the frame in order for me to latch it and it's still a struggle. The guys at the shop where it was installed mentioned I could loosen it in the back assembly, however; i have no idea how to do this and it's a pain to have to bring my jeep back into the shop every time I have issues. Does anyone know how to do this? I tried internet search and couldn't find anything for just this issues.

You may have to ask on the JL forums. JK soft tops don't have any adjustments, they are custom fit I would be surprised if those do either, so there may be some misunderstanding here, given that bestops progression is to make things easier and easier.

Tops do get easier oven time. Leave it in the sun while closed, they come super tight and are expected to stretch a bit.

Are you closing the front latches or putting on the rear windows first? Do the front first. This is probably what they are talking about. Soft tops are made to stretch everything from all angles. Start with the hardest, in this case it appears to be the front latches, that may change over time.

Thanks for the input. Yes, the top is supposed to get looser over time, however; mine seems to tighten up more every time I take it off or even just flip the sun-rider back. It's to the point where it takes a very strong person pulling down while I latch, even after baking in the sun for a few hours. Something is wrong and I'm taking it in, again, to the place that installed it.