Bestop Trektop NX Plus

mfinn

The Trektop NX on my 2014 JK recently started leaking on the passenger side top/front, so I figured it was time to put the hardtop on for the winter.
Not sure how long this will last. ( last time only 2 weeks before I went back to my Trektop NX) I guess it also depends on how well I got it sealed up this time.
This jeep has been the one ( out of 5) has been the hardest to keep water out of.

So just for grins and giggles I looked at prices at a new Trektop NX and came across a ad for the Trektop NX Plus.
The prices seems kind of steep at $850, but if I could do away with those side zippers I'm almost sold.

What else is new with the "Plus" model?

I posted this question in a Jeep forum on Facebook and within a couple hours got banned for posting.
I'm not clear on the reason, but I saw a reference to this forum, so I'm always up for new sources of information on Jeeps.

Last edited:
Well first off, Bestop literally makes the best soft tops out there for our Jeeps, hands down. So the price is reflective of the quality, I will say that much.

This is worth watching:

Why am I not seeing it on the Bestop website though? Are you sure they still make it?

Well first off, Bestop literally makes the best soft tops out there for our Jeeps, hands down. So the price is reflective of the quality, I will say that much.

This is worth watching:

Why am I not seeing it on the Bestop website though? Are you sure they still make it?

I've been using Bestop products for 3 decades, so I do know they are the best.

I asked this same question else where, and a guy said there is a fitting issue on many.
It's like a 50/50 deal whether you get one that fits or one that doesn't.

I noticed they don't list them on the Bestop website too.

So after a fairly painful discussion on FB messenger with a Bestop rep, and going through the Bestop website, I found they don't sell the old style any more. The ones with the side window zippers.
They only sell the new style and it seemed difficult to get the person I was talking to, to admit there was 2 different styles.

So after a fairly painful discussion on FB messenger with a Bestop rep, and going through the Bestop website, I found they don't sell the old style any more. The ones with the side window zippers.
They only sell the new style and it seemed difficult to get the person I was talking to, to admit there was 2 different styles.

Yeah, from the research I was doing it was confusing as well.

So did they replace the old style with this new style and then just take the "Plus" off the end?

Yeah, from the research I was doing it was confusing as well.

So did they replace the old style with this new style and then just take the "Plus" off the end?
Bestop just calls it the Trektop NX.
But I've found a couple vendors call it the Plus.
I have found the top and windows for the old style windows with zippers, but no hardware, for about $230 less than the new one.

Bestop just calls it the Trektop NX.
But I've found a couple vendors call it the Plus.
I have found the top and windows for the old style windows with zippers, but no hardware, for about $230 less than the new one.
Wow, talk about confusing. I mean I get what they did though. They probably launched a new product and called it the "Trektop NX Plus", only to realize it was good enough it ought to just replace the current "Trektop NX".

I'm going to bring this one back to life ( hopefully ).

I have the new Trektop NX from Bestop and was looking around to find a video specifically for the JK ( 2014).
I have the old video for the one with zippers, but it looks like there might be different parts in this kit.
I found one for a JL but not for the JK.
Anyone know if there is a different video for the JK ?