Best way to repair dent in front bumper?

Not upset, but he was clearly being sarcastic. Regardless, I’ve found some videos on YT, where people have had success with a heat gun and a couple course threaded screws.

Okay, so wait. Is that a plastic cover? I saw the pic and assumed it was some sort of metal....and like Chris said, if you can replace that for $100 I would do that vs. spend my time on it.

If you're using a "Heat Gun"......that must be some form of plastic cover. My son's JK had a different bumper.

Reactions: BigDaddyinBigD
Okay, so wait. Is that a plastic cover? I saw the pic and assumed it was some sort of metal....and like Chris said, if you can replace that for $100 I would do that vs. spend my time on it.

If you're using a "Heat Gun"......that must be some form of plastic cover. My son's JK had a different bumper.

Yep, it's the same material as the fenders. I would think it would be pretty easy to use a heat gun and pop it out.

I'm guessing your son has one of the steel bumpers that came with some of the later JKs

Yep, it's the same material as the fenders. I would think it would be pretty easy to use a heat gun and pop it out.

I'm guessing your son has one of the steel bumpers that came with some of the later JKs
No, after market that was metal, it’s an 08.

It is a plastic cover and you can buy replacements thru Amazon for $80. Unfortunately, you have to remove the entire bumper to put on a new cover. That would have been easy work, 15 or 20 years ago, but I‘m 58 years old, and have some pretty severe arthritis, so I can’t get down and roll around under a vehicle anymore.

We have a good relationship with a local car repair place and I‘m thinking they would do the work for an hour or two of labor ($60 to $120). We may end up going that route, but I’m going to try the course threaded screw (maybe a sheet rock screw) and heat gun idea first.

I have hits front and back (combat purple hearts). Gives our Jeep character, my wife t-boned a Honda CRV (their fault). CRV a lot of damage, JK a dented fog light and it still works ( air bags did not deploy). I let them off, they did not want to file a claim (small town). As for the arthritis, I here you. Changed fluids in both axels, transfer case, transmission, and engine the other day. On my back with biting bugs out, gravel driveway. Had to take Advil and drink a S load of home brew to kill the pain. Good Times

I have hits front and back (combat purple hearts). Gives our Jeep character, my wife t-boned a Honda CRV (their fault). CRV a lot of damage, JK a dented fog light and it still works ( air bags did not deploy). I let them off, they did not want to file a claim (small town). As for the arthritis, I here you. Changed fluids in both axels, transfer case, transmission, and engine the other day. On my back with biting bugs out, gravel driveway. Had to take Advil and drink a S load of home brew to kill the pain. Good Times

A few years ago I picked up a roll of the 1/4 inch thermal bubble rap insulation. It's silvery stuff. I use it now to lie on when working on my gravel drive. makes life much easier. even if standing up and lying down is not any easier.

I know what that product is. We did a burn test on that, a ULC in 1990. UL now. I had a roll after the ENG destructive tests. It starts to tear after a while, I used it for hunting, and to rap my water heater to bump up the R-Factor.