Best laid plans of mice...

JerryD

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Supporting Member
Check this out... daughter asks me to show her how to change the oil on her 3.6 JKU. She pops the hood and says "Uh-oh". Some critter(s) began building a nest with pine needles and other detritus. She cleared that out and took off the cover and inspected the wires and area near where the nest was being built. Then I noticed the insulation under the hood cover was all chewed up (source of said detritus). What's odd is that she drives it every day. It's parked in the driveway (as all of ours are currently) and we've never had a mouse problem. So just for grins and giggles I open the hood on mine. No nests. Whew. But the little bastages chewed through more of my cover insulation than my daughters! Just thought I'd share. +10 points if you catch the two movie references in this post.
0830211905.jpg
0830211906.jpg

A couple years ago I was moving my rv from a horse farm where I stored for a few months. I open the hood and a mouse is staring at me from a hole in the fender. He disappeared back in there. All I've been able to find chewed up was the insolation sleeve that is around my battery. I will have to keep an eye out on my jeep as it's in my garage but I know there are little critters living in there.

Reactions: mrjp
Actually I was being more subtle than that. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
  • Slartibartfast : [talking about the Earth] Best laid plans of mice.
  • Arthur : And men.
  • Slartibartfast : What?
  • Arthur : Best laid plans of mice and men.
  • Slartibartfast : Oh. No, I don't think men had much to do with it.

Reactions: mrjp
  • Slartibartfast : [talking about the Earth] Best laid plans of mice.
  • Arthur : And men.
  • Slartibartfast : What?
  • Arthur : Best laid plans of mice and men.
  • Slartibartfast : Oh. No, I don't think men had much to do with it.
I just finished the audio book series. Read by Martin Freeman, (Who plays Arthur Dent) (Steven Fry did the first book) and it was so well done.
I've loved the book since I was a kid, but discovered audio books a few years back and they really elevate the experience

Reactions: JerryD