Best aftermarket heavy duty spare tire carrier and hinges?

Johnelway

I just put 35 inch tires on my 2014 Sahara and I need to reinforce my tailgate since the extra weight of the spare is causing my tailgate and hinges to sag. What is the best aftermarket for the money thank you

Your best bet is to get a tire carrier that mounts to the bumper when you have a spare that heavy.

Hands down the best spare tire carrier is the AEV unit in my opinion. I have it and I can attest to how well it's made and designed. It handles a 35" tire just fine, doesn't sag at all, and the way it opens with the tailgate is absolutely brilliant.

812F5A56-E0C8-4A36-ABBD-E4C56E568270.jpeg
499F769A-0DD5-4B35-AF3D-D74A05F0D6B2.jpeg
Terefelx heavy duty hinged carrier is a great option. Holds up to a 37” tire and allows you to keep whatever bumper your currently running.

View attachment 115015View attachment 115016Terefelx heavy duty hinged carrier is a great option. Holds up to a 37” tire and allows you to keep whatever bumper your currently running.
I have the Mopar heavy duty reinforcement, same thing as this, and it works great. And the Tereflex is much more affordable. I also like how it acts as stock in that you only have to do one thing to open the rear.

I just bought the Rugged Ridge Spartacus HD tire carrier system, which included the hinge AND carrier. https://www.quadratec.com/products/12052_1760_07.htm

I know a lot of folks don't like Quadratec, but I bought it last month for $425, while they ran a sale on it. I think it's back up to $499 now, which is the same price on Rugged Ridge website. It ended up shipping directly from Rugged Ridge, due to vendor delays, but it arrived two weeks later. Mounted it this past Sunday and so far I'm happy with it! I read extensive reviews on carriers and bought this one based mostly on appearance and price. I couldn't justify spending $699 on TeraFlex, although I love their products. Plus, my wife would be upset lol. Our son uses up most of my budget at the moment.

I would personally be annoyed having to open a swing-arm, bumper-mounted tire carrier; which is why I went with the hinge reinforcement and tub mounted tire carrier.