Best 2.5” lift?

Firekat82

In your opinion, what is the best bang for your buck 2.5” lift kit available? Looking for something with a good, comfortable ride. Won’t be doing much off roading. Thanks!

In your opinion, what is the best bang for your buck 2.5” lift kit available? Looking for something with a good, comfortable ride. Won’t be doing much off roading. Thanks!
I have a Rough Country 3.5” lift which is very affordable and in my opinion rides excellent. I was pleasantly surprised at how well it rides.

Do you want a max lift of 2.5" or a 2.5" rated lift? What size tires do you plan to run? Most lifts will net more lift than their rating unless you have metal bumpers, winch, etc. What's your budget? Do you carry much cargo? By comfortable do you mean soft, smooth, or taught like a sports sedan?

We used a rancho 2" coil spring lift that netted 2.5" up front and just over 1.5" rear and it provided a much stiffer ride than stock. I ended up replacing the springs with spacers and my wife was much happier with it. Replacing the stock shocks with Rancho rs9000 adjustables made a significant impact on ride quality and allowed us to smooth out the ride and remove the jiggle of the stock suspension.

I have a Mopar lift on my JK. With the 2" rated lift, I saw 4" front and 3"rear lift. It's a softer riding lift and some others to consider that are softer riding are OME and Synergy. I've also heard good things about JKS lifts with regards to comfort and quality.

I have a 2 .5" JKS lift with Fox shocks that come with the kit. The ride quality is better than stock. Following the directions, the install was not bad. Have had my JKU off road in the desert south west on B and B+ trails with great results. Not the cheapest kit but well worth the extra bucks. The progressive rate springs and Fox shocks combine to give a great ride.
Frank

Reactions: Boosthead
I have a 2 .5" JKS lift with Fox shocks that come with the kit. The ride quality is better than stock. Following the directions, the install was not bad. Have had my JKU off road in the desert south west on B and B+ trails with great results. Not the cheapest kit but well worth the extra bucks. The progressive rate springs and Fox shocks combine to give a great ride.
Frank

That's what I've heard. I was looking at the JKS lift with Fox shocks but ultimately went with the Mopar due to the inclusion of the driveshaft at a similar pricepoint.

Reactions: Tahdi
Frank
Appreciate it!

That's what I've heard. I was looking at the JKS lift with Fox shocks but ultimately went with the Mopar due to the inclusion of the driveshaft at a similar pricepoint.
Do you know what part number the Mopar kit is? Also, what size tires are you running? TY

Do you know what part number the Mopar kit is? Also, what size tires are you running? TY

Mopar Lift part # 77070095AD or 77070095AE for 2012+ 2dr
I'm running 35x12.50x17 in my profile pic.

Here's another with 315/70r17 which are metric 35's but Synergy springs

mammoth synergy.jpg

I’m having the same question as this man...

Any opinions on the treadles 2.5 with 9550 shocks?
looking to run 33s on my rubi as well.

I just put the Teraflex 2.5 on my rubi with the vss 9550 shocks. Like, today.

There is a post from today about 33 inch tires that I have before pic (with 1.5 leveling kit) and after with the new springs and shocks.

I am very happy with the shocks so far. Much better than the Rancho (never again) i had on there. That being said. It is still early days, I only have about 20 miles on it and still need to get it aligned. By the way I run 33s.

Reactions: BigAL07 and Tahdi
The first kit on the JKUR we had was just Rock Krawler 2.5 original design springs, shocks and brake lines, bump stop extensions, everything else was completely stock and it was good for a cheap way to gain altitude and maintain somewhat stock ride. The first kit on the JKUR was alright for cost, you can't expect the world realistically.

Then I upgraded to the complete X-Factor Mid system with those 2.5 springs. It was still nice but better off-road for sure with the incresed flex and not always puking out rubber control arm bushings every other wheeling trip.

And now they are the newer 3.5 progressive rate springs that are supposed to ride even better than the original release springs. They do ride nicer and the difference is especially noticed going from empty Jeep to full week provisions camping load. No complaints here either way actually. Handles the Jeep loaded with a weeks worth of camp gear and all 5 of us fairly well with minimal signs of sagging when max load out and still smooth with just me or the wife.

I have owned 12 Jeeps over more than a quarter century of all types so I have some experience with them. Jeeps we own are not pillow barge mall crawlers or soccer mom SUV's. They are not show trucks with chromed out lifts to the moon either the way we build/use them so I don't expect the Cadillac Escalade type of ride from any of my multi-purpose Jeep 4x4 builds. We actually wheel them over trails like Fordyce, The Rubicon, Dusy-Ershim and Swamp Lake. We occasionally go to JV and play where KOH is held but don't go too crazy cause we want to be able to drive to work on Monday morning LOL.

Shocks we've used:

Rancho 5000/9000

Pro-Comp ES1000/3000

SkyJacker Hydro & Gas Charged

RE mono's and remotes

Both Bilstein 5100 series

Fox smooth bodies & remotes

Later came the Kings with German car dual rate sliders.

BOTTOM LINE FOR ANY LIFT HERE IS:

Really happy with it overall now but one word of advice if anything no matter who's suspension you choose:

*****Don't go cheap on the shocks, they have a HUGE impact on ride quality overall.*****

Shocks make a big, big difference in ride both ON & OFF-ROAD, so choose carefully and wisely for them to be properly valved and match tuned to your Jeep.

Last edited:
The first kit on the JKUR we had was just Rock Krawler 2.5 original design springs, shocks and brake lines, bump stop extensions, everything else was completely stock and it was good for a cheap way to gain altitude and maintain somewhat stock ride. The first kit on the JKUR was alright for cost, you can't expect the world realistically.

Then I upgraded to the complete X-Factor Mid system with those 2.5 springs. It was still nice but better off-road for sure with the incresed flex and not always puking out rubber control arm bushings every other wheeling trip.

And now they are the newer 3.5 progressive rate springs that are supposed to ride even better than the original release springs. They do ride nicer and the difference is especially noticed going from empty Jeep to full week provisions camping load. No complaints here either way actually. Handles the Jeep loaded with a weeks worth of camp gear and all 5 of us fairly well with minimal signs of sagging when max load out and still smooth with just me or the wife.

I have owned 12 Jeeps over more than a quarter century of all types so I have some experience with them. Jeeps we own are not pillow barge mall crawlers or soccer mom SUV's. They are not show trucks with chromed out lifts to the moon either the way we build/use them so I don't expect the Cadillac Escalade type of ride from any of my multi-purpose Jeep 4x4 builds. We actually wheel them over trails like Fordyce, The Rubicon, Dusy-Ershim and Swamp Lake. We occasionally go to JV and play where KOH is held but don't go too crazy cause we want to be able to drive to work on Monday morning LOL.

Shocks we've used:

Rancho 5000/9000

Pro-Comp ES1000/3000

RE mono's and remotes

Really happy with it overall now but one word of advice if anything no matter who's suspension you choose:

*****Don't go cheap on the shocks, they have a HUGE impact on ride quality overall.*****

Shocks make a big, big difference in ride both ON & OFF-ROAD, so choose carefully and wisely for them to be properly valved and match tuned to your Jeep.

It’s great that you mentioned the importance of good shocks! My last Jeep TJ was stock when I bought it. I installed RS5000 shocks, steering stabilizer, Rubicon Express 2.5 suspension lift, JKS quick disco’s, sye and skids. I’m not sure which 2.5 lift to get. My jk is mostly my DD. Any combo’s that stand out to you without breaking the bank? Thanks

Shocks we've used:

Rancho 5000/9000

Pro-Comp ES1000/3000

RE mono's and remotes

You sound like a wealth of info, I’d love to pick your brain over a couple messages to accomplish what I’m looking for…1st time Jeep owner and have done so much research I feel I have a pretty good handle on a lot of stuff…..ty