BedTred on the way

I haven't installed it on a JK, but I installed it on my old TJ and it was one of the easiest things I've ever done.

I haven't installed it on a JK, but I installed it on my old TJ and it was one of the easiest things I've ever done.
Just wondering how it looked and held up after a while. It states that you don‘t have to remove the front seats for install but I’m going to anyway. Save any hassles .

Just wondering how it looked and held up after a while. It states that you don‘t have to remove the front seats for install but I’m going to anyway. Save any hassles .

It still looked new even after a year. I cleaned it regularly though (as I did with my entire Jeep) and I never had any issues with durability.

Yep, I didn't have to remove any of the seats, it was that easy to install.

Installed BedTred in my JK Unlimited last fall. Did some sound insulation first. Best decision ever. I still use Weathertech floor mats for catching mud, snow and dirt and easy clean up. Sound insulation makes a big difference with road noise. Removing front seats makes it easier, but not necessary.

Bought the front kit if I like it the back will come soon. Tired of dealing with carpet. Anyone have any experience with this ? https://www.autoanything.com/floor-mats/61A6906A0A0.aspx. I’ll get some pics up after the install.
Installed BedTred in my JK Unlimited last fall. Did some sound insulation first. Best decision ever. I still use Weathertech floor mats for catching mud, snow and dirt and easy clean up. Sound insulation makes a big difference with road noise. Removing front seats makes it easier, but not necessary.

I'm considering this purchase. Couple questions going in:
1. Is there a difference between BedTred and BedRug? I'm seeing both and not sure they're the same thing.
2. What did you use for sound insulation? The product appears to be thicker than the OEM carpet, so I'm wondering what product you used.

1. BedTred is hard plastic composite. BedRug is a carpet-like material. I'd recommend bedtred unless you want to have a carpet look/feel.
2. I used Kilmat 50mil for insulation. You will need to choose what thickness to use. There are many options. If your sound system is really important to you, consider the brand Dynamat. Its by far the best sound insulation. I can't hear all that well anyway, so I went with a more affordable insulation.

This is a tedius, but fun project. Do some yoga before during and after to stay mobile and reduce injury!

580D6551-A825-45E6-854F-4B793C36A538_1_105_c.jpeg

My primary motivation for BedTred was a constant leak in the overhead (hey, why fix the leak when I can change the flooring?) and that this guy travels with me. This is Buddha, a therapy dog that works with first responders.

96176805-E134-4225-8954-C844BA49E6DA_1_105_c.jpeg

Reactions: Chris
Thanks for that. The way I'm seeing the product, it looks like I'll have to drop around $600 for my JKU which would include both front and rear seat areas and the bed.
And then there's the downside of still having the carpet on the backs of the rear seats, which are always folded down in mine to make room for both my dogs.

So, I just spoke with a guy at the manufacturer, and he confirmed that although I can cover the entire floor from firewall to tailgate, the issue of the seat backs of the rear seats will always be an issue. I suppose I could remove the rear seats altogether, but we all know what happens the minute I do that... "Let's all ride in your Jeep!"

Last edited:
Cancelled that order yesterday . As soon as my card is credited back going to reorder somewhere else. It was on backorder and I don’t like to wait.

Thanks for that. The way I'm seeing the product, it looks like I'll have to drop around $600 for my JKU which would include both front and rear seat areas and the bed.
And then there's the downside of still having the carpet on the backs of the rear seats, which are always folded down in mine to make room for both my dogs.

So, I just spoke with a guy at the manufacturer, and he confirmed that although I can cover the entire floor from firewall to tailgate, the issue of the seat backs of the rear seats will always be an issue. I suppose I could remove the rear seats altogether, but we all know what happens the minute I do that... "Let's all ride in your Jeep!"

You could always look at a seat cover for the back seat. One I put on my TJ I can rinse off easy, and it doesn't collect fur. Golden Doodle is very furry, ha.

Got it way quicker than expected . Arrived today . If the sun is shining this weekend out comes the carpet.

Some Things I found after taking out the carpet in the Jeep .
A small dog collar. ( don’t have a dog)
A receipt from a vape shop in Houston, Texas.
Roughly $4 in change.
the drain plug for the area where the jack and lug wrench reside.
Wonder what I’ll find if I Bedtred the rear? Lmao

Reactions: Brules
I've had the bedtred in my 2 door for 3 years now. Way better than the factory carpet for sure. I did line the tub with sound deadner before installing the bed tred. Its night and day on the heat from the tub. Only downside is mine has becomed stained over the years. I'd advise keeping it clean right after a trip with the top off. Great purchase though.

Reactions: Largehit71
I have to say I’m very happy with this purchase . I’ll get a little leak when a heavy windy rain will come through ( only time it leaks). With the bedtred there are no worries. No more wet carpet smell either.