battery terminals replacement.

PellstonJKR

Supporting Member
my positive and negative terminals just slip right off with little effort. short of cutting the wire where my finger is, what are my other optioins? I have new terminals that require cutting the wire and sandwiching It between two bars and tightening the bolts. nervous to be doing this for some reason but it seems straight forward....lol, right?

tempImageIRaeSY.jpg

my positive and negative terminals just slip right off with little effort. short of cutting the wire where my finger is, what are my other optioins? I have new terminals that require cutting the wire and sandwiching It between two bars and tightening the bolts. nervous to be doing this for some reason but it seems straight forward....lol, right?

View attachment 120354

You could also get replace the subpar wiring with a kit like this, where you also get the military style terminals.

Stock cables suck, especially when you start throwing in winches and stuff.

Reactions: PellstonJKR
If you're talking about the terminals not tightening securely on the battery post, try searching for battery post shims. I had that problem on my MINI and the shims took the slack out of it. Worked like a champ. There are a few different types.

Reactions: PellstonJKR
If you're talking about the terminals not tightening securely on the battery post, try searching for battery post shims. I had that problem on my MINI and the shims took the slack out of it. Worked like a champ. There are a few different types.

Yea but the shims will just give you twice the area to get corrosion and cause twice the problems.

Reactions: Vman and Danarch
You could also get replace the subpar wiring with a kit like this, where you also get the military style terminals.

Stock cables suck, especially when you start throwing in winches and stuff.

this looking as the best option for long term. thank you.

Reactions: Vman