Bad Tire Pressure Sensor

Chuck-K

Supporting Member
I may have a bad sensor. I get an alert and it shows no pressure for a tire but goes away after about 20 minutes. Common issue ? Someone said it may be a bad battery

Not sure how a bad battery would cause it.

I would suspect the TPMS unit itself is failing. Are you married to the TPMS functionality? Because if you want to disable it completely (which I've done), I can tell you how to do it very, very easily!

Thanks, I’m open to disable it. I typically monitor my tire pressure myself. With the Jeep being an 18 it may still be under warranty however.

Download the J-Scan app from the Google Play or Apple App store.

You download it, pay $16 I believe it is, and it then registers it with your VIN. You need one of these as well:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGB4873/?tag=jkforum-20

The app will pair with that OBDII port adapter and connect to your vehicle. Once it does, you'll see a host of factory options that you can enable or disable (you can even change the tire size stored in the computer which will accurately adjust your speedometer). Look around in the app because there are tons and tons of cool features you'll never even know existed (things like how long to leave the lights on when you lock the doors, etc.).

Look for the option that says TPMS, and you can disable it completely from the app.

I did that on mine and never looked back. I've never needed a government mandated electronic nanny to remind me of my tire pressures, haha. I always found it annoying.

You can also ditch your TPMS sensors next time you change your tires, which will ultimately save you money and frustration.

Download the J-Scan app from the Google Play or Apple App store.

You download it, pay $16 I believe it is, and it then registers it with your VIN. You need one of these as well:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGB4873/?tag=jkforum-20

The app will pair with that OBDII port adapter and connect to your vehicle. Once it does, you'll see a host of factory options that you can enable or disable (you can even change the tire size stored in the computer which will accurately adjust your speedometer). Look around in the app because there are tons and tons of cool features you'll never even know existed (things like how long to leave the lights on when you lock the doors, etc.).

Look for the option that says TPMS, and you can disable it completely from the app.

I did that on mine and never looked back. I've never needed a government mandated electronic nanny to remind me of my tire pressures, haha. I always found it annoying.

You can also ditch your TPMS sensors next time you change your tires, which will ultimately save you money and frustration.

Dude! I just ordered this! I though the only way to do it was with the $150 tool. This is awesome. I can't wait to turn off that annoying light! The license is $21 on Android. Very much worth it though!

Thanks!!

Tim

Reactions: Chris
Dude! I just ordered this! I though the only way to do it was with the $150 tool. This is awesome. I can't wait to turn off that annoying light! The license is $21 on Android. Very much worth it though!

Thanks!!

Tim

No problem at all! This app is worth every penny and then some. I was even able to program factory LED headlights to mine with the app with the push of a button. I love the fact that it also functions as an OBDII reader as well. Such a handy app, that's for sure.