Back to the Jeepin thing

BullDogDaddy

So, I bought a 2014 Wrangler JK 4DR as a base. I liked the Anvil color. The body was in great condition and it had just under 100K miles. Did a few mods since then.

Before
6828F93C-2460-4F69-A107-3D950542E115_1_105_c.jpeg

Details soon
D4324EFA-AE69-44D1-9274-FADBF1B0B9EC_1_105_c.jpeg

Looks good. What bumper is that?
All the aftermarket body parts came from DV8 offroad. Mostly to match, but also the products are well built.

The front bumper is the FS-15. I also liked the FS-11 and FS-25. I added the DV8 12000lb winch and the DV8 LED replacement fog lights.

Rear bumper with stock spare mount.
65163001368__062DD85A-0D8B-441A-A4B0-EBA4C2F3589E.jpeg

Last edited:
One of the first things I did after getting this JEEP was replace the parts meant to go out at 100k miles. This baby had 93k when purchased.

I replaced the radiator with an AFE. I saw some bad reviews for this part after purchase. So, I will keep watch and report back on any leaking issues if they happen. I replaced all hoses. The main hoses are now Silicon. The two heater hoses are different on the 3.6 V6. The water pump, thermostat and thermostat housing are all new. I also replaced the alternator with a mean green 200W to handle the sound system and lights. I also replaced the belt and tensioner. The tensioner piston was frozen on the old piece. NOTE: when putting the belt back on it was easiest by myself to put the belt over the water pump last as I was collapsing the tensioner.

Another note: Use a thermo gun to check temp and water flow. I tried to use the program on the Insane audio radio that reads from the ODBII. Short story; the Jeep spent three days at a dealership when there was no overheating issue. I actually replaced the water pump and thermo twice because the issue with the reading from the android based application on the radio thinking the Jeep was overheating. It turns out the app was wrong. Short story; check the latest on adds to this Jeep re:radio replacement. There was no overheating and I trashed perfectly good components.

The Jeep now purrs and stays within operating temps.

Attachments

• 123846AC-D6AD-411C-8361-B26665B36981.heic
    2 MB · Views: 197
Reactions: mrjp
One of the first things I did after getting this JEEP was replace the parts meant to go out at 100k miles. This baby had 93k when purchased.

I replaced the radiator with an AFE. I saw some bad reviews for this part after purchase. So, I will keep watch and report back on any leaking issues if they happen. I replaced all hoses. The main hoses are now Silicon. The two heater hoses are different on the 3.6 V6. The water pump, thermostat and thermostat housing are all new. I also replaced the alternator with a mean green 200W to handle the sound system and lights. I also replaced the belt and tensioner. The tensioner piston was frozen on the old piece. NOTE: when putting the belt back on it was easiest by myself to put the belt over the water pump last as I was collapsing the tensioner.

Another note: Use a thermo gun to check temp and water flow. I tried to use the program on the Insane audio radio that reads from the ODBII. Short story; the Jeep spent three days at a dealership when there was no overheating issue. I actually replaced the water pump and thermo twice because the issue with the reading from the android based application on the radio thinking the Jeep was overheating. It turns out the app was wrong. Short story; check the latest on adds to this Jeep re:radio replacement. There was no overheating and I trashed perfectly good components.

The Jeep now purrs and stays within operating temps.
During this small project I seem to have missed a connection or ground wire. I now have a CAN bus error related to grounding. The traction control light comes on and stays on. If anyone has pointers where I should look, please, let me know.

thanks for the info. I have been looking at the DV8 stuff. I installed one of the DV8 roof racks on a customers 2019 Tacoma and really liked it